“great service, great selection”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Bodega

La Bodega
Ranked #6 of 187 Restaurants in Tamarindo
Cuisines: Cafe, Costa Rican, International, Healthy
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: La Bodega is an organic cafe/store located in Tamarindo, Guanacaste. We carry foods and specialty items made 100% in Costa Rica. Fresh homemade sandwiches, salads, baked goods, coffee and drinks are available daily! We provide organic, sustainable and local foods as much as possible. We are a small locally owned business with a passion for eating and living well. Pura Vida!
“great service, great selection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I went here this morning for breakfast, true to the reviews, this place is great! Awesome food and a great selection of organic treats. Frank was very hospitable and great to chat with. Definitely stop by for breakfast or lunch!

Visited July 2014
Frank B, Owner at La Bodega, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Evan,

Thanks so much for stopping by to eat and chat. I assure you, the pleasure was all mine. We love having good people stop by. I also love that fact that we lived up to your expectations. We always like it when our friends leave happy.

Thanks for your business and the kind words. Until next time...

Pura Vida,

Vancouver, Canada
“NYC Special…Smoked Trout Sandwich is AMAZING!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

My boyfriend and I have been to La Bodega several times. The smoked trout with goat cheese sandwich is spectacular--A MUST TRY!!! The brownies, banana bread and lemonade are also outstanding!

La Bodega is very clean and the staff extremely friendly.

Definitely one of our favourite places!

• Visited July 2014
Frank B, Owner at La Bodega, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Lisa,

Thanks so much for your continued business. I'm so happy that you like the locally smoked trout. Next time, remind me to let you try the smoked tuna dip. Yum!!

Pura Vida,

NY
“Best breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Discovered this place late... Food is very healthy and tasty... Frank the owner, an American, was very nice and actually buss the tables! Great lunches to... This is a do not miss!

Visited July 2014
Frank B, Owner at La Bodega, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Hola!!

Better late than never...right? We are glad you enjoyed your food and you can always try something else the next time you are in town.

And yes, I clean the tables when we are a little busy. Trust me, you'd rather have me doing that than cooking. I leave that to the pros :)

Thanks so much for your positive review. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write something nice about us.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Nice little find if you are traveling.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Costa Rica is a great place, but I always feel a little apprehensive about eating anything when I'm traveling outside of the States. We heard about La Bodega from a local and checked it out. The food was fresh and very well prepared. We wound up eating there 3 times during our stay.

• Visited June 2014
Frank B, Owner at La Bodega, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Will,

Thanks so much for checking out our little store and leaving us a positive review. We greatly appreciate it and enjoyed having you.

I'm really glad you made La Bodega part of your vacation. Please come see us the next time you are in town.

Savannah, Georgia
“Wonderful place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

A little off the beaten path, but you need to find it if you go to Tamarindo. They have excellent light snack and meals, great coffee and other drinks. We bought several items to bring home and can't wait to dig in.

• Visited July 2014
Frank B, Owner at La Bodega, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thanks so much for coming in to our little shop. We are so happy that you enjoyed the food and products. Come see us the next time you are in town.