“All of my favorite things on one sandwich!”
Review of La Bodega

La Bodega
Ranked #11 of 215 Restaurants in Tamarindo
Cuisines: International, Healthy, Central American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: La Bodega is an organic cafe/store located in Tamarindo, Guanacaste. We carry foods and specialty items made 100% in Costa Rica. Fresh homemade sandwiches, salads, baked goods, coffee and drinks are available daily! We provide organic, sustainable and local foods as much as possible. We are a small locally owned business with a passion for eating and living well. Pura Vida!
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Such a great find! Our surf instructor, Eric from Matos Surf Shop, told us about this hidden gem! During our vacation, we went there for lunch and breakfast. The vegetarian sandwich included all of my favorite ingredients on one sandwich and it was amazing! 100% recommend!

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Stopped in for a bite to eat after a long travel day and was not disappointed. The greeting I received was welcoming and friendly which set the precedent for the rest of my lunch. I chose a Field mushroom and Feta cheese and my friend had a mahi mahi salad. We ended up splitting the two as they were both to good to miss out on. There was even a free drink included. A hibiscus lemonade if I recall that was just awesome. Didn't have room for any of the treats after but will definitely return to give them a go. Plus I've been told I simply have to return to try the iced coffee.
Highly highly recommended.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Had a great veggie sandwich with a Tamarindo juice. All the ingredients were fresh, and it was made with love. Staff was very friendly and I will be back for round 2!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Fantastic sandwiches -- everything down to the mayo is homemade. I used to get the juices (with whatever fruits are in season) but now I get the kombucha. Their brownies are addictive.

1  Thank Colette C
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Went here before our trip out of Tamarindo. Up until the very last place we ate in town, we had all very good experiences with the local food. Obviously being so high on the list for restaurants in Tamarindo, I had to give it a shot. Service was good. The owner is from NY and was really nice. We both decided to go with the chicken sandwiches they had ready to go. We got them to go and ate them a short 30 min later.

The chicken... wow. It was super tough. I got a few cuts of chicken that were more than likely dark meat, but when I eat a chicken sandwich, I fully expect white meat. It wouldn't have been so bad if it was moist and not chewy, but it wasn't even close. I could only eat 2 bites of the chicken before I took it off the sandwich.

The bread. It was pretty dense, dry and bland. Some people might like that style of bread, but I don't. It was tough to eat, and tough to swallow. Water required.

Overall, I liked the idea of the sandwich, but the quality was lacking big time.

czeledon, Owner at La Bodega, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Hello there,
I wanted to tell you that I am deeply sorry about your experience at our place. We apologize because we thoroughly understand how awful it is to have a bad eating experience. We take pride in what we do and work very hard in providing good food all the time. And so far its been mostly positive for the majority of our customers. Unfortunately this wasnt the case with you on that day and we apologize. We care tremendously about every single customer that walks into our store and we pay attention to all feedback. Thank you for providing your honest opinion. We will address the issues accordingly. We just opened back again after being closed for a while for a sudden family emergency and had some changes that we need to work on still (e.g .new suppliers etc) . But there are no excuses for the disappointing sandwich experience. I can only hope you and your partner give us another chance should you come back into town. And hopefully we can provide all we promise our food to be . Thank you again for the feedback and our apologies for not fulfilling your expectations.
Carolina and Joey