La Bodega
Ranked #4 of 197 Restaurants in Tamarindo
Cuisines: International, Healthy, Central American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: La Bodega is an organic cafe/store located in Tamarindo, Guanacaste. We carry foods and specialty items made 100% in Costa Rica. Fresh homemade sandwiches, salads, baked goods, coffee and drinks are available daily! We provide organic, sustainable and local foods as much as possible. We are a small locally owned business with a passion for eating and living well. Pura Vida!
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I've walked by this place the last 3 days and finally decided to stop. Totally worth it. Bought some delicious Costa Rican Honey also. Definitely check it out

Reviewed March 11, 2013

By coincidence we stopped by this place on our second day in Tamarindo. It was hot, and the place had a lovely shaded veranda with nice looking chairs, so the choice was easy. What we weren't prepared of was the extremely tasty fresh homemade cookies and cakes. The following day there was freshly made brownie, and oh, this was the best brownie I have tasted in my life - and I have tasted many!! You can taste it is made from good quality ingredients and it is totally, totally addictive!

Nearly every day we went back for a brownie - and now my mission is to see if I can get the recipe from the owners, so I can make it myself when I am back home. I have tried many recipes for brownies but this one beats all by a far distance!

Sometimes we also eat lunch there. The owners (I believe the wife is a former chef from New York) make fresh sandwiches for 11.30 am. Today I had a tuna sandwich which was made with tuna salad made from FRESH tuna! I had never had that before (I had only had tuna salad made from canned tuna - my mistake, oh it was good!).

The owner is really nice and often has time to chat and if you ask him for it he gives you advice on many things and tells you a lot about the food he is selling (where it comes from etc). Everything is organic and sourced locally and the prices are absolutely resonable. This is by far my favorite place for a bite to eat in whole of Tamarindo!

Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Great little shop with local products (coffee, marmalades, etc. Didn't eat the food but looked tasty. Owner was really nice

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Great spot for any meal. A nice walk from the main street in Tamarindo, easy to find. All locally grown and produced foods and juices. Best lunch we had while staying in Tamarindo and for the best price. Owner made us feel extremely welcomed, visiting with us while eating. Telling us about Tamarindo. Will be our first stop on our next trip to Tamarindo!!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

with all of the vices tamarindo has to offer it was nice to find this place offering healthy and tasty food and drinks. well done