“sailing hibiscus”

Sailing Hibiscus Catamaran Sail Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Hibiscus is the premier sailing catamaran in Tamarindo! She is a beautiful 48' world cruising catamaran ideally suited for diving, snorkeling and sunset dinner cruises in Tamarindo and Playa Flamingo. Whether it's just you and your special someone, or a large gathering of friends and family, Sailing on Hibiscus will make your Costa Rican vacation memorable.​ Hibiscus Services: Tamarindo and Playa Flamingo. Our cruises include, but are not limited to:​ snorkeling, sunset cruises, private parties customized for your every need (wedding, family reunions, etc.). All of the snorkeling and sunset cruises include gourmet food specially prepared and cooked aboard Hibiscus. Enjoy fresh cooked fajitas, an abundance of local fresh fruit and complimentary adult beverages. All of our cruises are All Inclusive. Want to arrange a private adventure cruise? We can do it and with First Class Service. Sailing Hibiscus is strictly first class service and we guarantee you will not be disappointed.
Port Washington, New York
“sailing hibiscus”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I just got back from Costa Rica and went on the Hibiscus Sunset Cruise. It's a small, intimate group so you get to meet all of the people on board. The crew of 2 is friendly and knowledgable and the food is just fine! My boyfriend and I snorkeled off the boat which we truly enjoyed. It was such a relaxing and fun ride and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoys boating. Anyone can have a good time - couples, families, people traveling solo. It's a lovely evening for everyone.

Tamarindo, Costa Rica
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“This Local LOVES this Tour”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have lived here for six years and have been on this boat many many times, it never gets old! I love to use this boat as an escape, as a mini vacation from the day to day. Seeing the turtles, dolphins, and whales, catching fish, laying in the trampoline watching the sails, snorkeling, swimming...not any of it gets old! The crew is on top of everything, drinks and food. Drinks are flowing and food is fresh and hot! I have enjoyed this boat with my parents and family, and other times, with close friends from the States or who live here and want the same escape as I do. My friends and family, and myself included, have never been less than 100% satisfied!!!!! Thanks for everything Hibiscus and I'll see you again soon!

Visited July 2013
salt lake city, ut
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Perfect Day Sailing”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Let me start out by giving kudos to the staff of Hibiscus Cat Sailing. We travel with a service dog and the gal that answered the phone was more than accommodating. She informed us that they can even cater to multiple disabilities. So we booked our day of sailing, snorkeling, sea kayaking and food and drink.

The boat was a gorgeous 48" CAT and we set out under wind power most of the trip. Charley, the captain was an excellent host along with the other cute boys that brought drinks to you and we're always available for any and all needs.

THE FOOD... WOW! The food was cooked, grilled right on the boat so the aromas wafted through the air and you knew you were in for a special treat. Fresh grilled chicken fajitas with incredible guacamole and fresh fruit was served.

Gandaulf, my body surfing Corgi was a hit and he had more pics taken of him than everyone took of the incredible sunset we sailed peacefully into. Did I just say that? Yes we sailed off into the sunset. I highly recommend this tour! Thanks crew!

Bountiful, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Nice sunset cruise”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

To start, I have been on maybe 10 different Cat trips around the Caribbean and Mexico, so I've had a bit of experience.

I had a great time on the Hibiscus. I traveled with my girlfriend and our Corgi (Service Dog) which they were happy to accommodate for us. The Cat was clean and well kept. Drinks were brought to us rather than having to navigate the rolling sea for another cocktail. That was nice. When we reached the place to swim, snorkel, or take out the Kayaks, we got to take the dog to the beach with the Kayak and play in the sand with him. That was nice. The captain played great music the whole time and the food was delicious!

Perhaps a suggestion to the Captain. Please don't allow guest to smoke on the Cat even if they do so on the side. There is no way to get away from it and it's not too professional. Also, maybe put a towel or rug on the bathroom boards as they are super slippery and I was lucky not to crack my head open when I ended up on my bum. All was well. I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Visited August 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Huntington Beach, California
“Perfect Day!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We could not have asked for a better time! We were on vacation from LA and were looking for a new adventure! We found it on the Hibiscus! Captain Judd was friendly and knowledgeable. The crew, Roy and Josephina, were fantastic! They all went above and beyond what we expected. We were traveling with our two kids, ages 14 & 11, as well as our friends who have a 3 year old and 1 year old twins. We were assured that it was a family friendly environment and that we could be comfortable with the little ones aboard. They were absolutely right! We will be remembering the day and the fabulous sunset for years to come. We will definitely be back next time we are in town!