“Your vacation should either begin or end aboard the Sailing Hibiscus... or you didn't really have a vacation.”

Sailing Hibiscus Catamaran Sail Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Hibiscus is the premier sailing catamaran in Tamarindo! She is a beautiful 48' world cruising catamaran ideally suited for diving, snorkeling and sunset dinner cruises in Tamarindo and Playa Flamingo. Whether it's just you and your special someone, or a large gathering of friends and family, Sailing on Hibiscus will make your Costa Rican vacation memorable.​ Hibiscus Services: Tamarindo and Playa Flamingo. Our cruises include, but are not limited to:​ snorkeling, sunset cruises, private parties customized for your every need (wedding, family reunions, etc.). All of the snorkeling and sunset cruises include gourmet food specially prepared and cooked aboard Hibiscus. Enjoy fresh cooked fajitas, an abundance of local fresh fruit and complimentary adult beverages. All of our cruises are All Inclusive. Want to arrange a private adventure cruise? We can do it and with First Class Service. Sailing Hibiscus is strictly first class service and we guarantee you will not be disappointed.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The boat is very clean, it's staff very professional, courteous and friendly. I knew this was going to be good. What I didn't know was that it was going to take the first place trophy in the best time of my life!!!! I cannot wait to return to Costa Rica to go out and sail on this boat again.
I have done a lot of things in my life, but NOTHING compares to the Sailing Hibiscus Catamaran tour. All I had to do was sit back and enjoy myself tremendously and absorb the finer side of life. On a scale from 1 to 10 I would rate this staff a 25. The best customer service I have seen in a very long time anywhere. The crew spent the entire day ensuring that everyone were comfortable, refreshed and having a great time, as they went about their duties. My group was a private group consisting of about 3 generations of young family members, young couples, as well as elderly family members, and as I looked around not a single person seemed to not be enjoying themselves to their fullest capacity. The atmosphere stayed comfortable for everyone.
Now let me talk about one of the highlights of the tour; the food. The cook aboard this boat should have his own show. I only hoped we had caught a fish just so I could have one more entree prepared by him. I still cannot forget the taste of that guacamole!!! Simply the best you'll ever eat ANYWHERE. The excitement really went into overdrive when we dropped anchor and got to jump into the ocean and snorkel, kiyak, and swim. When this fun was over and everyone was back onboard the cook had prepared lunch. Not a single complaint from anyone and that says a lot considering the span of generations on the boat. After that meal everyone found a spot to kick back and snuggle, converse and just take in the view of the massive sails and cables. As we passed other catamarans on the ocean, they had to wonder why didn't they hook up with this boat because we were actually sailing and their catamaran sails were stowed. "If the engine is running, you are not sailing" became the phrase of the day. This is a MUST experience for anyone coming to Costa Rica. Next came the highlight; the sunset. The sails took on a powerful glow as the sky and clouds began to transform from blue and white to a powerful glow of orange with reddish hues until the sun finally dipped down beyond the horizon and darkeness ushered in. Unreal and sailing with one of the best crews on the ocean. I will never forget this day ever. Just have a look at the photos, and I only wish I had not become so excited that I didn't shoot any photos at all of our time playing in the ocean. If you miss this opportunity while in Costa Rica, you will regret it for the rest of your life.

2  Thank RPlant

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My wife, mother-in-law and our two children (9, 6) took the sunset/snorkeling cruise with the Hibiscus and couldn't have been happier. We were leery when we arrived at the beach pickup spot when we saw another cat being loaded to the gills with people. That wasn't the case with the Hibiscus. Just the right guest to staff ratio to keep everybody happy without feeling like we were on a cattle boat. The snorkeling was meh, but we didn't put in as much time as others since the kids just wanted to jump off the bow over and over - which was fine by us.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This sunset cruse was a wonderful experience. The boat is large, comfortable and very clean. The staff is professional and always attentive to anything we may have needed. They made the atmosphere fun, relaxing, and truly enjoyable. Food was excellent! We enjoyed the sail seeing the different beaches around Tamarindo, they parked the boat at very remote beach where we snorkeled and used the kayaks. Upon returning to the boat we had an amazing lunch and chill out time...We really enjoyed our time and we highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

The Hibiscus staff was great from the start. A group of four of us almost ended up getting placed on a boat with what looked like a retirement community and the lady who represents Hibiscus made sure to get our vouchers switched to their company so we could get on their boat with the much younger and happier crowd. We had a great time and were well received by the captain and crew, who always made sure we had a drink in hand. They sailed us out to a great little spot in the ocean and we snorkeled for an hour before cruising back to catch the sunset on the boat. The boat is big enough to accomodate a lot of people but didn't lose that intimate feeling of being able to meet everyone we were sailing with

When we returned we found out that in fact the voucher switch never happened because of complications on the backend and Hisbiscus didn't get paid for the four of us. We offered to pay again but they wouldn't let us and were just happy we had a great time. I would recommend this boat to anyone visitint Tamarindo, a great way to start off the trip and meet some awesome travelers! It's about a 5 hour trip on the boat.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Our group had a truly wonderful day on the Hibiscus. The crew couldn"t have been nicer. The food and drinks were plentiful and the boat itself was perfect.
We had fun snorkeling, kayaking and swimming on a beautiful deserted beach.
Would definitely do it again!