“Amazing Trip, will DEFINITELY go back!!”
Review of Hotel Arco Iris

Hotel Arco Iris
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Tamarindo
Reviewed June 26, 2011

This hotel was a lovely jem located in the heart of Tamarindo. We were able to easily walk to the beach, clubs, bars, restaurants and shopping. Upon arriving to Hotel Arco Iris we were greeted by Richard, the owner, who is friendly and accomodating. The scenery was beautiful, the grounds were nicely landscaped and the rooms and restaurant were very clean. Our room was also cleaned daily by a wonderful housekeeper by the name of CoCo.

The scenery and experience of the hotel also included local wildlife, which was something we thouroughly enjoyed. We were able to see humming birds, iguanas, frogs, butterflies, exotic birds and even howler monkeys without leaving the hotel grounds. All of the animals were harmless and beautiful to look at.

Overall a great experience, I would go back tomorrow! The people are friendly and generous and enhanced our stay at Hotel Arco Iris and Costa Rica. Pura Vida! :)

Room Tip: Hotel is Peaceful
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jenbro

Reviewed June 15, 2011

When my friend and I arrived in Tamarindo for our annual girls trip, we stepped right into an oasis! My first thought was "I can't wait to take a dip in that pool!" We were greeted by Richard, the owner, right away and he personally showed us to our room. The grounds are beautiful - a tropical hideaway. The room was super clean and very modern. The staff was wonderful and so accommodating. They went out of their way to make sure we were happy. For example - we were laying by the pool and wanted some music. I went up to the bar and asked if they could turn some on for us and they did right away. Also, I have to comment on the restaurant at the hotel. My friend and I agree it was the best meal we had in Tamarindo. The location is also perfect. It's a short (maybe 4-5 minute) walk to the beach. I am glad we didn't stay right on the beach because it was much quieter and very peaceful where we were. Also, we were very close to several restaurants and a grocery store to keep our mini-fridge stocked. I loved everything about this hotel and I will definitely stay there every time I come back to Tamarindo!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank JewelLynn
Reviewed May 26, 2011

My husband and I stayed for 9 days in April and couldn't have picked a better place. I did a lot of research on places and found Arco Iris to be one of the best places to stay in Tamarindo. Pros: Richard and Fanny were extremely helpful and friendly. The accommodations were air conditioned, very clean, beds comfortable, bathrooms clean and roomy, pool clean, and the "Seasons" restaurant excellent. If you have kids and are looking for hotel full of activities for kids, this is not the place for you. (kids are welcome, its just very quiet) But if you’re the other 90% of the adults traveling, this place is perfect. It is quiet and low-key and is a short walk to town, so there isn’t any street or nightclub noise. Fanny and Richard will help you book any excursions or adventures when you get there. Cons: to be honest, we can’t think of any. We have no complaints

2  Thank AnnRobE
Reviewed April 21, 2011

I really liked this hotel. I found it cute, quaint, affordable, and the staff extremely helpful. The room was small and fit only a full-sized bed. When traveling with someone who is 6'4, a small bed can be problematic. My top reasons for recommending this hotel: Fanny- the receptionist and all-around wonderful person, the warm pool, nicely decorated space, good value. Don't stay here if- you are looking for luxury sleeping arrangements, comfortable beds or beach front lodging.

1  Thank stuntntumble
Reviewed April 18, 2011

My wife and I stayed here one night at the end of our exploration of Costa Rica. Richard (the owner) was really great about us needing to check out early due to a family emergency that called us home.
Great, clean little hotel (only like 10 rooms); it's really like staying with a friend. The immediate area is a little bit of an eyesore (but hey, it's a surf town), but the Hotel Arco Iris is an oasis. The grounds and pool are very well maintained. The breakfast was simple but tasty.
One standout: our dinner at Season's (the on-site restaurant) was our best in Costa Rica... don't miss it!

1  Thank JustinCase713
Reviewed April 16, 2011

We were backpacking in Costa Rica during rainy season and were lucky that the owner of Arco Iris let us stay for a really good price. This is a nicely set up hotel with excellent facilities. Our room was fantastic with nice furniture, air-con and tv and a stylish bathroom. We had the whole place for ourselves and really enjoyed the nice breakfast next to the beautiful pool. The restaurant was closed during our stay, but it was just an easy walk to all the restaurants and bars in Tamarindo.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelSisi
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Pros-
Close Proximity to beach and shops
Very clean
Laundry Available
Breakfast Included
Helpful Staff and Owner
Cons-
Breakfast was delicious but limited-granola and fruit
Wifi was hard to get in the room

1  Thank JustRachelio