“Luxury at a great price.”
Review of Hotel Nahua

Hotel Nahua
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Tamarindo
Seattle, Washington
“Luxury at a great price.”
Reviewed February 9, 2011

I stayed at the hotel Nahua, originally planning to travel around and see more of the surrounding area. I ended up liking this hotel so much that I stayed for a full week, left once for a trip to Avellanas, and came right back to Hotel Nahua. It was always clean, always quiet, very comfortable, and had all the amenities I needed. The staff was unbelievably warm and attentive and anticipated everything I might need during my stay. They provided the things I didn't even realize I needed in order to be comfortable and have a great stay. They went out of their way to make sure every day was perfect and I was truly happy with my room. I researched other hotels in Tamarindo and found that none offered what the Nahua does at this price. I will be back for sure. I knew that I was always in good hands with Gabriela and Alejandro and never had one single snag during my week at the Nahua. Nothing went wrong, and zero complaints. I've never had that happen at any hotel in all of my travels. By the way, the beds were about the most comfortable I've ever slept on. I only wish I could have drug one of them back home with me. Easy to offer my highest recommendation for this place.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank walksonwater

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
NYC
Reviewed January 2, 2011

The hotel is lovely, homey and pretty. The owners are extremely helpful with everything. It is a fantastic value!

Stayed August 2010
2 Thank DJS430
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 15, 2010

I stayed at nahua during july and october 2010 with a few friends and we found this place to tick all the boxes. The manager is very helpful and the rooms are cleaned daily, with the pool and bbq area also cleaned regularly and always looking spick and span, even with the troop of monkies pooing everywhere contstantly! I would recommend this to anyone, location is handy to the supermarket and bars and a short stroll to the beach. top stay!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank brilson
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 30, 2010

We arrived in Tamarindo and stayed at a terrible hostel for $40/night. That day we found this little gem for the same price and could not have been happier! We ended up staying 3 nights--2 nights more than originally planned. We loved the space we had. Our "room" was actually like an apartment with a kitchen, sunken living room, and table for eating. The bathroom is open at the ceiling, so make sure your travel partners are very comfortable with you!
There was cable, hot water, AC, but no internet. The private pool was really clean and as we swam we got to watch monkeys eating in the trees.
I would recommend this place to anyone! It's a great deal.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ReneeBroda
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed July 10, 2010

This hotel was the best value we found in all our time in costa rica. It was a full kitchen with a bed and bathroom on an upper level. The place became like a home to us, and we were very sad to leave! The owner was very friendly and helpful, and the pool in the back was a beatiful and relaxing place to hang out after a day on the beach. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, it was a wonderful deal and we would go back any day!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed April 28, 2010

We forgot our camera on a catamaran tour and it was quickly returned to us the next day after the hotel staff made a few phone calls. Alejandro was awesome and patient at teaching my husband and I how to surf. Howler Monkeys were in the trees outside the hotel and were a treat to watch our last night staying there. We stayed in the apartment so we could save some money by preparing some of our own meals, there is a grill outside to grill fresh seafood from the market too.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ktbug1121
Colorado
Reviewed April 5, 2010

60 bucks for a private apartment with a queen bed and a futon, full kitchen, tv, table + chairs, and private veranda; 3 blocks from the beach.

Everything was reasonably clean, worked reasonably well, and was definitely nicer than most of the things we had experienced in Costa Rica in this price range. Pool is kinda crappy, but everything else was good.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends