“Tour Books got this one wrong”
Review of Hotel Mamiri

Hotel Mamiri
Ranked #27 of 49 Tamarindo B&B and Inns
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Tour Books got this one wrong”
Reviewed December 13, 2010

My wife, daughter and I arrived in Tamarindo and wanted something mid-range. Navigation was difficult but we finally mangaed to find a hotel which had a glowing description in a very popular tour guide. So exhausted we took it. That evening there was live entertainment in the attached restaurant - the music was good - but it was like having it in your room. Then there was some other plumbing noise that forced me to put damp toilet paper ear plugs in my ears later in the night. My wife also said that there were some uninvited insects in the room that night. We left the next morning.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank citydave1
HotelMamiriTamarindo, Propietario at Hotel Mamiri, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
We are a new administration, we started working the hotel in July 2011.
We are a family who run it and We are focused toward a calm and familiar audience.
We want our guests to feel at home. Breakfast time is a good moment to meet other guests and arrange tours
We hope to see you some day and be able to give you a new opportunity to have a lovely holiday in Costa Rica!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
nederland
Reviewed March 7, 2010

The staff is young, but very frendly, they do everything to make you feal at home!!
Iff you are a surfer, than you are in the good place. If you are not, like us, you feal at home anyway.
The rooms are nice and clean. The matrass is very good, we slept very well in room 7
the shower is nice warm.
We had a great time, thankyou!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
London
Reviewed February 15, 2010

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Hotel Mamiri and would recommend it as one of the most charming, pleasant and comfortable hotels I stayed in throughout my travels in Central and South America. My first visit was for one week in October 2010 and I returned for one month in January 2010 having thoroughly enjoyed my experience of both the hotel and the area.

The rooms are light, spacious and very clean, and the beds are large and very comfortable. There are beautifully kept gardens and communal areas for cooking or socialising,with hammocks and free internet, which makes meeting people very easy.The two guys that run the hotel are incredibly friendly, approachable and helpful, and go out of their way to accomodate their guests' needs ...I find it very difficult to be unbiased and almost impossible to fault this hotel as I had such a great stay there!

The hotel is very well located, just on the periphery of the town centre, and around a four minute walk to the beach.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh
Reviewed January 14, 2010

I have been to Costa Rica several times and Tamarindo was by far my favorite town. I did some searching and found Mamiri highly recommended so I thought I would give it a try. I'm glad I did. The guys that run the place are awesome laid back surfer types that are very easy to get along with and we instantly clicked. The hotel also has a large common area with grill that encourages guests to meet an interact (similar to a hostel) which made meeting people fun and less awkward then I'm used to.

I stayed a month and I'm planning on coming back for a few more later in the year. 2 thumbs up!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
New York, NY
Reviewed January 9, 2010

Stayed here with friends for the New Year, therefore the (relatively) expensive rates they charge ($120/night for appartment sleeping 5). The hotel has a lot of potential (it was apparently much nicer with the previous owner). However, now the rooms are dusty, very basic service (had to ask for towels, toilet paper, to clean the room, etc...) The staff was friendly when talking to them, but not proactive (i.e. a hotel should provide you with towels from the beginning, not wait until you ask them for!). It's ok maybe at $50 a night, but not worth more. The adjacent restaurant (separate from the hotel) was pretty good though, great breakfasts. I'm sure there are better value hotels in Tamarindo!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
London
Reviewed January 3, 2010

We booked this after reading positive reviews here on Tripadvisor and because it had a nice write up in the Lonely Planet. I have to say that all of those comments are woefully out of date. The restaurant next door which was also recommended has changed hands and I suspect the hotel has too. There was a vile smell of raw sewage that apparently overflowed from the restaurant every single day. No one was able to help when our lights didnt work. The bed was uncomfortable and the curtains in adequate (e.g. no privacy) and there were mosquitoes everywhere. We immediately found another hotel and left. I would urge you to avoid this place as there are far nicer accommodations in Tamarindo.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
We are a new administration, we started working the hotel in July 2011.
We are a family who run it and are focused toward a calm and familiar audience.
We want our guests to feel at home.
Best Regards!!!
Oslo
Reviewed January 19, 2009

I chose Mamiri because of the good reviews and the cheap price, and was definitely not disappointed. The owners were really nice and the place was clean.

I stayed a month in a single room (they also have dorms and doublerooms) with a small fridge, my own bathroom with hot water and a small desk. Perfect for studying. There is a kitchen that you share, a couch and a TV, a computer and free wireless internet. And there are always people playing guitar by the tables outside, so if you`re feeling lonely people are right outside your door.

Six thumbs up.

Pura vida!

Magdi (Norway)

• Liked — Nice location, friendly staff, clean and inexpensive
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)