All reviews beach garden private walkway garden of eden la plumeria romantic terrace star room pura vida sister hotel homemade jams costa rica beautiful hotel hot tub our honeymoon short walk hotel guests pool area breakfast and dinner
Selected filters
Reviewed February 7, 2019 via mobile

Lovely hotel & lovely staff. Our only advice would be do not get room 17. This is the one we are in & the only problem with it are the stairs from the top rooms & reception are on the side of the room & are unfortunately noisy. Food is lovely, breakfast choice is super & the young lady who cooks the eggs, has it down to a fine art. Also, I’m not keen on waffles but here they are too good for the waistline. I got maple syrup but was asked if I wanted condensed milk!! It was amazing on the waffle
Evening meals are 3 course and very good, also lunches are nice & lovely fresh salads & bread. Service for dinner is 6 30 & 8 30
By 10 everyone is in bed, so if you need a bar, town is the place to go
Nice small private garden, pool & beach across the road, easy access

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
MariaTDBR, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Jardin del Eden boutique hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for rating our hotel and staff as "Lovely". We love having you as our guests.

We are surprised to hear that you found your room noisy, as all our rooms guarantee a quite and comfort zone. However, we are glad that you have fully enjoyed all our hotel facilities and of course, our Delicious waffles!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Warmest regards.

Reviewed February 5, 2019 via mobile

Victor on the beach, Ricardo in the restaurant, Hussein at brunch - every hugging and smiling and welcoming employee made our honeymoon feel like family in utopia. We enjoyed every conversation - it didn't matter that it offers the best beach front option - we will go wherever these employees go!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
MariaTDBR, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Jardin del Eden boutique hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2019

Dear Guest,

There's nothing like family! We feel blessed to have such a caring team who makes our guests feel like home from home.

For us it was a pleasure to host you during your honeymoon trip. We wish you many wonderful moments and lovely memories to treasure for a lifetime! You are now part of our family and all the team Will be very happy to see you again in the near future!

Warmest regards.

Reviewed February 4, 2019

Where do I start….such a wonderful trip!! Fabulous staff, wonderful food, outstanding resort!

We have been blessed to travel all over the world to many many beach resorts and Jardin is definitely in the top ten percent of all the places we’ve been to.

Buckle up, this may be a little long but wanted to also include info I was looking for before we arrived and didn’t find!

STAFF
I have to start with this topic since it’s what stands out the most! Jardin owner/manager….you are blessed with an excellent staff; keep them all and don’t change a thing. Literally everyone we encountered was phenomenal! Here’s just a few names of who we encountered the most but by no means all of the great ones who are there: Endy, Natalia, Hussain, Marion and Solenne….and of course Victor at the beach!! I just wish I remembered all the names because literally no staff we met were nothing short of awesome! When I say they were wonderful it’s not the typical, “every staff member was great”! The staff was truly genuine and you really felt they meant it. We felt like a welcomed member of the family.

ROOM
Our room was great but on the smaller side compared to other places we have visited. Minimally appointed with simple deco, nothing fancy at all. The size was made up with the wonderful view! We booked the premium room and upon arrival we were given room 13. The view was fabulous with a great view of the ocean! We could not get enough of the sunset view every day. The room had a frig stocked with items to purchase but we moved some out and purchased our own beverages from a local grocery. The closet was on the small side with not much hanging space and only 2 shelves. We were only there 6 nights so it was fine with us and we are not over packers. I’m thinking if you stay longer and/or over pack you might not have enough room! There is a small drawer space on each of the night tables which helps. The bed was a little firm but we loved it. We had many wonderful nights of sleep. Hubby didn’t like the pillows but they happily brought others that were soft and to his liking! The bathroom was a decent size with one sink. The toiletries were great (as pictured) but didn’t include q-tips/cotton balls (if that matters to anyone). It also included a makeup mirror attached to the wall. It sat low so you had to sit down to use it instead of standing up. No big deal if that’s your preference, I usually stand to put my m/u on so thought I’d mention it. There are two shelves and a small drawer to store items in the bathroom. They also provide slippers/bathrobes which is a nice touch. The door to the bathroom is frosted glass…no big deal…but for us it was. There was two frosted bathroom windows which let light in at night (from outside lighting) and then with the glass door….plenty of light came in to the room. I have an eye mask so I just put it on. So if you’re wanting a dark room, you’ll need an eye mask! Lol The last thing to mention is the a/c. It is wonderful and cools well. My issue is I need a fan noise to sleep. The a/c at Jardin has a wonderful “fan noise” but it cuts off when the cooling temp reaches the temp you have keyed in. I wish there would have been an option for the fan to continually blow even thou the desired temp has been reached like a lot of other hotels/resorts we have traveled to.

RESORT
The resort is beautiful everywhere, very lush and tropical. Felt like we were nestled in a jungle! There is TONS of walking which is great for walking off all the food/drinks. Just needed to mention it for those who may have health issues. Also, there is no elevator. In research one could find this all out but wanted to mention it here, as many don’t research a hotel much before going! I did see a couple of people who were struggling with this when we were there too. Made me happy that I work out daily….came in handy here. ☺ Just to mention…the walk to the beach area is down a path and I counted around 200 steps. The path is landscaped so beautifully and there is fabulous music playing the whole time. This really made the walk enjoyable and we didn’t even notice how far it was.

POOL/BEACH
The pool area was beautiful and we always were able to find chairs. It was around 85 when we were there and the pool was really chilly. We weren’t expecting that at all; so have to say, we barely got in pool! I love floating around in the pool so was a little sad it was too chilly and couldn’t really do that. We hardly saw anyone in the pool much at all. The beach area was beautiful such a wonderful touch for the resort. It was also great to have the dipping pool there to cool off in. We loved going to the beach area and of course Victor made it so wonderful with his great care of all the guests and the most phenomenal drinks one could ever find!! Our favorite vacation drink is a Mai Tai and we found the BEST at Jardin! They blend the pineapple right there to make the juice for the drink. We didn’t like pulp in ours so Victor bought a strain just to take the pulp out for us!! ☺

FOOD
The food is absolutely wonderful! Breakfast is fabulous and so many options. Fresh fruit, rolls, danishes, yogurt, cheeses/meats, cereal, hot meats/potatoes/veggies and the absolutely most wonderful fresh egg/omelet station which also included the outstanding waffle maker….best waffels ever! Also, to mention here….the ladies making the eggs/waffles are wonderful! There was also as many mimosas as you wanted! During breakfast a list with dinner choices is left at your table; if you want to have dinner just make your selections with your name/room number and give to your waiter. This is the only dinner option but let me tell you the food is wonderful. Dinner was always amazing! We had dinner included in our rate, which our travel agent was able to secure. I would recommend calling ahead and asking for it to be included. Ours initially wasn’t with our rate but I read another review that there’s was so my agent called to get it included! Make sure you email to ask for request and print out a copy to bring with you. It wasn’t recorded in our record upon check-in so I was happy I brought my email print out!

THE TOWN
Just some quick info. After you walk down the path to get to the beach, you come to a gate; cross the street and another gate; then you are entering the beach area. This street you cross is the “main drag” of the town. If you go right, short walk and there is a grocery store. We stopped here daily to get water, soda (to mix drinks in our room!) and snacks. They also had liquor, beer and wine. There is also SO MANY restaraunts and shopping choices up and down this road. All of them so close to walk to, we never had to get a taxi.

INFO
Just to let you know….if you are wanting to book excursions….it’s so so easy to do at the front desk. There is no need to book ahead of time and they make it so easy. Tours either pick you up at hotel or they are close by to walk. They have many options to choose from. Massages around the pool are wonderful and priced great. I had 3 and hubby had 2!

OTHER THOUGHTS/RECOMMENDATIONS
-Victor needs a runner or at the very least someone to run food down to him! He gets way too busy with drinks to have to run all the way back to the resort to pick up food!
-There are mosquitos but I never felt enough to have to spray down in the moment! I did bring bug wipes but didn’t use them. In hindsight I wish I would have on the patio when I would sit out and enjoy the view. I came home with around 6-8 bites that kept itching a couple of days. I think maybe resort should spray to help out with that issue.
-Towels should be provided at beach. Twice we got to the beach and realized we forgot to bring some with us. Then we had to walk all the way back to the resort/front desk. We’ve never had to worry about that at any other beach resort.
-one little massage issue….one day I had booked a foot massage around 9:30am for an 11am appt. At about 5 min before my appt, the massage lady came to tell me they couldn’t do it and wanted to switch me to 1pm. Didn’t know that any sooner?? It was really disappointing to find that out at the last min. I saw the massage ladies leave to find guests to get massages earlier. Then I noticed a couple coming to get massages at 11am. I’m left to assume that’s why I lost my 11am slot because they needed both ladies to do their massages. Disappointing and hope that isn’t the norm!
-Pool bed hogging! So tired of this everywhere we go and was hoping not to see it here. One day a single guy had his backpack on pool bed to “save” bed….then saw him take off to beach, probably for an hour or so; came back got something out of backpack, then went to lay out in a lounger by pool for an hour or so; then finally back to beach bed. I think this is so very rude and staff around pool should really monitor this situation better. There are signs on beds stating not to do this but obviously no one pays attention!

Nothing major to disrupt our vacation, just wanted to mention them in case the info is helpful to others. Jardin is a wonderful resort and we highly recommend it! We will definitely return some day.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank gottavacation
MariaTDBR, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Jardin del Eden boutique hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to wow us with your such an spectacular review! Gracias, gracias, gracias!

We much appreciate that you embrace our hotel with such enthusiasm. When our guests take the time to write such an extensive and picturesque review, we know they had a once-in-a-lifetime experience during their stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that Jardin Del Eden is in the top ten percent of all the places you have been to.

Our guests' feedback is of utmost importance to us and your comments have been shared with all the team to impulse them to keep up the excellent work.

We are sorry to hear about the massage issue, this is very unsual and we apologize for the inconveniece this caused to you. Please contact us directly the next time you visit us and we will be more than happy to offer you a complementary couples massage for you and your Hubby.

All in all, it was a pleasure to be part of your birthday celebration and we really hope to welcoming you back in the not-so distant future! Remember you are now part of our family and we will miss you here.

Reviewed February 4, 2019 via mobile

This hotel is perfect. Beautiful setting and luxurious throughout. Food is of stunning quality. What makes it the most special is the friendliness of the staff . Mario, Endy, Nancy, Natalia and mi dos amigos Richard and Gerald were so wonderfully kind and lovely. All the workers here are always smiling and happy to see you.Although it’s got a ‘high end ‘feel as a hotel the nature of the people here make it feel like a home from home. Can’t remember ever staying in a nicer place

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
MariaTDBR, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Jardin del Eden boutique hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for rating us as a "Perfect Paradise", we feel honored to read such a wonderful review.

Our team Pride themselves for being a small family here at Jardin Del Eden making our guests feeling like a home from home.

We are glad that you are now part of our Friends and we cannot wait to welcoming you back again to our small piece of Paradise!

Reviewed February 2, 2019

Location: Tamarindo beach, I must be honest, it’s not in front of the beach and you must walk through a passage to the main street and then walk to the beach, but believe me, it’s not a big deal because this hotel has enough to don’t miss any beach.
Rooms: I highly recommend room No. 15, it's simply the best and with the greatest view. It’s also the most expensive but worth every dollar you pay.
Facility: A very important matter is that children are not allowed so you can enjoy a peaceful and lovely environment, by the way I think this is a hotel for couples who want to be in a quiet place away from external noises. It also has a good wifi connection, is surrounded by plants and trees, wherever you see, it will be green and fresh. Has two small pools with beach beds and sun loungers, soft music is played to improve your relaxing experience accompanied with the sound of a small waterfall.
Food: it’s one of the highest points of this hotel, for the first time in my life I tasted “gallo pinto guanacasteco” which is simply delicious, every meal, entrance and dessert are made for guests’ enjoyment.
Service: the highest and most important matter at Jardin de Eden, all the staff is trained and able to help you and make your staying the best experience of your life. A special mention to Eli, Endy, Nancy, Natalia, Gerald, and so many workers who made of our vacations something spectacular.

Room tip: Room No. 15 has the greatest view
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
MariaTDBR, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Jardin del Eden boutique hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2019

Dear Esteban,

Muchas gracias for such a lovely review!

It is wonderful to read that you had a great time in Jardin Del Eden! We much enjoy delivering unforgettable experiences to every single guest that stays in our hotel!

We are glad that you got to try our famous Gallo Pinto Guanacasteco, a traditional dish prepared with the freshest ingredients for the delight of our guests.

You are now part of our Friends and we would love to welcoming you back again in the near future! Eli, Endy, Nancy, Natalia, Gerald, and the rest of staff Will be waiting for you!