“Fantastic!!!”

Best Western Tamarindo Vista Villas
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Tamarindo
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Thank you to everyone at this place for making my stay as perfect as it was! Jonathan Muir Alvarado the surf school director was amazing as well as the general manager made it a wonderful experience. Surfboard rentals were perfect and more than generous. I would stay there anytime, thank you! NYC Science teacher

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Best Western Tamarindo Vista Villas

Reviewed August 26, 2010

My wife and I have stayed at the Vista Villas for the past 8 years. Most recently staying twice a year November and February for 3 weeks at a time. We love every minute that we spend there. Lynne loves the pool area with a shaded tent area and view of the surf breakers that allows her to watch me surfing. The staff is outstanding and the facility as very clean!!! The location is across the street from a beautiful beach as well as close to shopping and dining.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2010

This Best Western is beautiful! They are located on the hill looking out to the ocean so the view is amazing! The beach is literally across the street! I went with my boyfriend and we both agreed that the standard room we stayed in was clean and good size. There was AC, fan, clean sheets, toiletries, clean towels, large shower/bathroom, tv, full length mirror, and many locks on the door to feel safe (if you are OCD like me of people trying to get in your room at night). I felt safe at the hotel and leaving my belongings in the room. The food was great at the restaurant as well as drinks! There was plenty to do at the hotel if you didn't want to go far. There was a pool with a waterfall and a wet bar, a pool table, and foosball table. Also every night at the restaurant/bar they had an event going on like karaoke night or like margarita nights! The people at the front desk, restaurant, bar and housekeeping were so nice! Remember you get what you pay for!

THINGS TO DO in Tamarindo... Tamarindo is a surf town! So if you like to surf this is your town! This is the hotel the professional surfers come and stay at for events and competitions! So that must mean something right? If you go to the front desk and ask for Jonathon, he manages the surf lessons and rentals and he was great! In the actual town of Tamarindo you can rent bikes as well and there are a lot places to eat all in walking distance.

NEAR BY: not to far away from this hotel (like a 15min car ride) you can visit Playa Conchal (beach with broken shells instead of sand so the water is clear!) its beautiful you have to go there! We went horse back riding there on the beach! (Romantic right?) You can rent ATV's as well. Playa Flamingo is only a couple of beaches north!

Reviewed August 25, 2010

This was my first trip to Costa Rica, for our anniversary, and hopefully it won't be my last! My husband has stayed at Vista Villas three times prior and i've heard a lot about it, but I never expected it to be so true! We we arrived on the first of our 8 day stay where we were greeted with nothing but smiles. We stayed in one of the lower rooms the first night and I was surprised how nice and clean the rooms were, not to mention huge. We had dinner at the restaurant upstairs and it was so amazing! The second day we rented myself a surfboard for the week and got such a great deal. We we arrived back to the hotel the end of our second day they had arranged for us to be upgraded and moved us to the suite right next to the pool. It was such a beautiful room. We had our own patio, a great view of the beach, full kitchen, stocked fridge and living room. Ever other night we ordered dessert to the room and it was sooo good. Every morning they served the BEST coffee I've ever had, with fresh fruit, cereal, toast, and you could order anything off of the delishious menu. At night we ususally ate at the bar to chat with which ever friendly employee they had working. All I can say is Grilled Chicken Honey Wrap, delish!!!!!

One the fourth day there we wanted to do the canopy tours, and the nice gentleman at the front desk set it up for us and was able to charge it to our room. We had such a great time. Also, any questions we had about anything the people at the front desk were more than helpful and always did it with a smile.

To wrap it up, if your looking for a place to really relax and enjoy the most beautiful place in the world choose Vista Villas. Everyone is super friendly and very helpful!! We will be back. Also, special thanks to Jonathan for making our stay so special! Thanks again Vista Villas!!

Your Friends,

Connie and Andy V.
South Carolina

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2010

the people at the hotel are friendly and very helpful.i plan on returning in December 2010 for two weeks.. it's hard to forget the people and the great food at this hotel.a two week visit is just perfect. if you're coming to surf you need to stay at the best western villas vista.surf during the day and have a pleasant nights sleep.i traveled alone ,but i felt like i was with friends once you met tthe staff at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank tomshubin123
Reviewed August 23, 2010

My girlfriend and I went on a 9 day trip to Costa Rica. We went everywhere from San Jose to Monte Verde to Manuel Antonio and Arenal. Once we arrived in Tamarindo, we decided to stay at the Best Western since it was literally across the street from the beach. Upon checking in the staff was very friendly and helpful and provided our room quickly. We got a standard room which was plenty big for us and was very clean! Of all the places we stayed in Costa Rica, this was one of the cleanest. No bed bugs and the sheets were clean and had no stains unlike a lot of other places in Costa Rica. Bathroom was large as well. The view this place has is amazing. You can relax at the pool, get a drink and even eat while enjoying the sunset on the ocean. The restaurant/bar has very good food as well as a complimentary breakfast which helped a lot! The pool has a wet bar and also a waterfall which is pretty nice as well. They also have a pool table, foosball tables, and a pinball machine which are free to use. We also decided to surf and went to the front desk and rented surf boards. The surf instructor Jonathan provided everything we needed including rash guards and wax. Around the hotel is a pharmacy, mini marts, bike/surf shops, and restaurants so everything you need is only a 1-3 min walk. They have a computer with internet so I was able to check my e-mails and bank statements. Also after the trip we needed a taxi to the airport and the front desk arranged for one right away.

Seriously the best place to stay if you are in Tamarindo. The rates on the rooms are great for the money and it really feels like a bargain. Everyone needs to be reminded this isnt like a Ritz Carlton luxury hotel where the rates are really high. I am sure there are hotels like that out there but this hotel is perfect especially for the price. When I go back to Costa Rica I am definitely staying here again!!

Reviewed August 13, 2010

I will definitely stay here again!!! I'm going back to Tamarindo in a few months and I'm going to stay here again! Nice rooms and nice staff. Directly across from the beach!