First time stay in Costa Rica, and after reading the reviews I was skeptical about the hotel; but booked it nontheless, since the location was the best in Tamarindo. The hotels grounds are amazing, the oceanview room was great. Careful on the beach; directly in front
of the hotel beware of hidden rocks, and the sand is more like hard mud. I suggest swimming a little further down the beach, or in one of the 2 pools. The construction was a little annoying, and so was crossing the street every time you want to use the nicer pool. No problem with the hotel staff, except we had to call several times to get the roll away bed. The food was okay, and the drinks with are expensive for Costa Rica. Best value is the imperial on draft $3 vs $6 for any other drink. Tamarindo itself is a little shady at night, however we never felt threatened. DO NOT USE THE TOUR DESK at the hotel. We booked 2 trips with them: the zip lining and the snorkeling
tour. The folowing day we where informed that the snorkelling tour was cancelled due to big waves. No problem, so we asked for our money
back, and where told to come back the next day. The following day we
where told that they did not have any cash to give me, and the credit
card that my buddy paid with will take a few weeks to refund...Bull [----]!! The following day before closing I insisted to get my cash back which they reluctantly gave me after I was ready to create a scene. needless to say my friends credit card was not refunded the $120 after we came back to the states. No point in disputing the charge since it took place over 100 miles from home. In conclusion, if you insist in staying in Tamarindo then the Diria might be okay for you; otherwise stay in Manuel Antonio instead. Cheers!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Tamarindo Diria is the iconic beach hotel located in Tamarindo Beach, Guanacaste, Costa Rica, with its own personality perfect for an authentic Costa Rica vacation. Features direct access to the most famous costa rican white sand beach, front ocean view accommodations, 4 swimming pools, 5 restaurants, 5 bars, and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Tamarindo Diria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach & Golf Tamarindo
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach And Golf Resort
- Tamarindo Diria Hotel