So my cousins and I, who are all around 25-30 yrs old, stayed at this beautiful hotel. When I first walked in...i was in awe. It was simply beautiful. It really is the ONLY resort found on the beach. We stayed in the Sunset Ocean View room on the 3rd floor and it had an incredible view and youre right on the beach..the other rooms are across the street which sucks. The pool and tanning area were beautiful with many areas to tan. The beach in front of the hotel was perfect, and they have surf lessons if you want to take classes. They also have private massages which I did twice because it was so cheap, relaxing and it was right on the ocean. There are 3 iguanas that like to come by the lounge chairs, but they seem harmless..theyre sooo calm and just like to sit there and look at the ocean. The breakfast was delicious, however, I got sick of it after the 4th day because it was almost the same thing over and over. The restaraunt in the hotel is REALLY GOOD..we ate there all the time..i recommend the chicken burrito...amazing!! The staff was really cool and sweet, and theres security. The rooms I would say are more of a 3 star. The toilet sucked, the air conditioner leaked..but, overall, the location and beauty of the hotel didnt let this bother us. The town is really small and kind of weird, but staying in this resort made us feel comfortable, relaxed, and protected. I recommend this hotel to everyone. Its perfect for all ages, and we had a blast. I would stay here again;)
As far as restaraunts...I would only recommend one (other than the hotel's restaraunt)..its called Nibbana. The service and food was INCREDIBLE.
DO NOT order sushi at Wok n Roll (which I got from Lonely Planet) it was by far the WORST sushi i have ever had and terrible service...save urself and dont eat here!!!
As for lounges/bars: I would recommend Pacifica and Bar One. Awesome
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Tamarindo Diria is the iconic beach hotel located in Tamarindo Beach, Guanacaste, Costa Rica, with its own personality perfect for an authentic Costa Rica vacation. Features direct access to the most famous costa rican white sand beach, front ocean view accommodations, 4 swimming pools, 5 restaurants, 5 bars, and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, West Indies, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Tamarindo Diria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach & Golf Tamarindo
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach And Golf Resort
- Tamarindo Diria Hotel