We stayed at Hotel Tamarindo Diria in April with our two middle school boys for Spring Break. This hotel is quintessentially situated just within the legal limits of beach access at one of the most beautiful beaches in Tamarindo. The hotel has units that look out at the beach and sunset next to a tree filled lawn, and units across the street around a pool with a swim up bar. The daytime attractions include the beach, excellent surf (with board rental and instructors at very reasonable rates across the street from the hotel), and watching the spectacular sunsets over the Pacific. For those tiring of the sun and surf, the hotel has an excellent tours desk with trips to Palo Verde national park for birdwatching, Arenal volcano for zip lines and wildlife hikes, and snorkeling and fishing. The rates are very reasonable, and the tours are booked with naturalists who exude knowledge of the flora and fauna.
The other major attraction of the hotel is the food. Breakfast is included with the room rate and consists of a spectacular buffet of local fruits, fresh juices, individually prepared eggs, and local specialties like rice and beans and tamales. All the food is bought locally from fisherman and farmers, preparation is spectacular, and the restaurant prices are very reasonable. Tamarindo also has a wealth of great restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. We never had a bad meal.
The hotel is owned by a family who also invests heavily in the local real estate and development market an is committed to the welfare of Tamarindo and the regional citizens.
Previous reviews concentrated on poor service, but we didn't experience this. Travel in Costa Rica is not like travel in the U.S., but this is one of the great things about getting outside your native country. Dealing with daily challenges and the unexpected makes for some interesting post-trip memories and conversations. A sense of humor and respect goes a long way toward overcoming an obstacle, and watching monkeys eating flowers from the trees from the lobby or walking out of the room and seeing a tree full of parakeets outweighs the negative of a firm mattress or rough towel.
One word of caution, don't bring your clubs yet, the golf course is in development, but this is not a golf resort yet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Tamarindo Diria is the iconic beach hotel located in Tamarindo Beach, Guanacaste, Costa Rica, with its own personality perfect for an authentic Costa Rica vacation. Features direct access to the most famous costa rican white sand beach, front ocean view accommodations, 4 swimming pools, 5 restaurants, 5 bars, and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, West Indies, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Tamarindo Diria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach & Golf Tamarindo
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach And Golf Resort
- Tamarindo Diria Hotel