Hotel Tamarindo Diria
Hotel Arco Iris(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
$103
Best Western Tamarindo Vista Villas(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
$142
$85
$231
$225
$199
  • Pool
Seis Playas Hotel(Huacas)(Great Value!)
$111
$107
Tamarindo Bay Boutique Hotel(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
$110
$221
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $246/night.

$325
$244
2,726 results
All reviewsbeach sidetour deskswim up barfamily pooladult poolcosta ricaocean viewgrassy areabreakfast buffetlagoon poolwaffle stationin townthe main hotelbeach vendorsthird floorbeach resortbig pool
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed at the Diria for two nights and it was PERFECT! The location was perfect and within walking distance to everything that Tamarindo had to offer. My husband enjoyed getting up in the morning and being able to walk directly from our room to the beach to catch amazing waves and I enjoyed being able to sit our balcony to watch him. The room was gorgeous and the beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was great with a HUGE shower. We ate at the Flying Bull one evening and it was amazing. Everyone at the resort was very friendly and accommodating. We loved this resort and will return in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is a beautiful property beachfront on Tamarindo Beach --- and the booking was done in the height of 'slow season', the hotel website is offering attractive discounts while businesses all around them are closing for the slowest and wettest month coming up.

I booked a Standard/Patio View Room with One KIng Bed for a very attractive $116 plus taxes - and was quite puzzled why I ended up in the room I did --- I stopped to confirm I was in the room intended for my booking, and showed front desk staff my confirmation via the hotel website. I got an answer that because I was 'only here for one night' they had put me into Room 134 -- puzzled. And that they would switch me if I wanted - puzzled even more. Why didn't I end up with the room I booked in the first place.... I explained that I would be doing a review and that my slant was as a mature, solo female traveler (old lady...) and I was NOT trying to make trouble, but if my room was 'Patio View' that I was really disappointed in the patio....the room is basic, there is a king bed and television, basic no-name amenities (blue shampoo scares me) but no mini-fridge or coffee maker or tea kettle - I hate looking for coffee before I'm dressed in the morning, and it's puzzling that a resort didn't have this amenity - and I could probably arrange for room service, but I cannot find a menu in the room.

The resort is owner of much commercial property around the the hotel (casino, etc - and apparently Patio View rooms are across the street?? more puzzlement). There is plenty to do and good food choices and options.

My advice -- do not give these people a credit card until you've looked at the room. I can't imagine what kind of wiggle words they would have if they were near... but it's disappointing that they feel they can do this. I will be sending a similar recommendation to journeywoman - a website dedicated to solo female travel. This is not a threat, I advised hotel staff that I would be posting a review and got offers to move -- no thanks, give me what I paid for and what I booked right out of the gate. Anything else is dishonest.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank YYCLady
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We got married at the Tamarindo Diria in Costa Rica on March 2, 2013. Below are some of the highlights. We hope this is helpful for those trying to decide on the Diria as a wedding venue.

The hotel
- Three pools, two with swim up pool bars, which was a prerequisite for my husband. One has a tropical feel and the other is very chic and lounge like. If you are staying multiple days it is almost like having a completely different experience in one resort.
- Nice, clean rooms – we were in room 200, which is an ocean premium room and is slightly in front of the other rooms on the 2nd level. This was nice and made us feel like we had some privacy. Also, we could see the bar and pool from our room so we were able to find people relatively easily.
- We have stayed in every room type at the Tamarindo Diria (except for the classic) and they were all great. I don’t think you can go wrong here.
- Good breakfast
- Location was important to us. We wanted to be on the beach, but we also wanted our guests to have a lot of options for restaurants, bars, activities, etc. This resort had everything we were looking for.

The service
- A small group went fishing on one of the days and the chef prepared 18 fish for our group. Not only did they cook one of our best meals we had in Costa Rica, but they also decorated the tables just for our group. It was such a special touch.
- Since we were there for 10 days, the staff got to know us fairly well and were constantly checking in to make sure we were ok.
- I did have a few guests complain that the bartenders at the pool bar were a little slow, but I never experienced that problem.

The Wedding (Welcome party, rehearsal dinner, reception)
- Welcome party – We had an informal meet and greet at the beach bar. Wanted to provide some light snacks so we asked for one long table to put a few pizzas (from their restaurant) and ceviche shooters. When we arrived, they had a cute chalkboard sign saying our names and they even set-up a few tables where our guests could sit. And by set-up I mean nice tablecloths, glassware, stemware, etc. This was above and beyond what we anticipated.
- The rehearsal dinner was even more impressive. We had an authentic Costa Rican buffet that consisted of enough food to feed the entire resort – our guests continued to say how delicious everything tasted. The tables, food and bar were decorated beautifully and it was well organized making it easy to navigate. Even though we shared the restaurant with other guests, our area was blocked off so we felt like there was some privacy.
- We ended the night with a fire show on the beach. The hotel was nice enough to provide towels on the beach so we had something to sit on.
- Day of wedding – we hired Samantha Kohn as our private wedding coordinator, and she worked closely with Eunice (the onsite Tamarindo Diria wedding coordinator). Between the two of them, our wedding was flawless. We got married on grass to the left of the beach bar. This location was a lot quieter compared to the right side where people were still swimming. It is also adjacent to a brick floor area that we used for the cocktail party.
- Dinner was in a small area overlooking the tropical pool. It is outside with fans to keep you cool and has its own bar. They also decorate the dance floor with twinkle lights giving it a very romantic feel.

I would highly recommend the Tamarindo Diria as destination wedding venue in Costa Rica.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Soberlin24
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I was very disappointed with this resort for the price we paid for it. I think some people book this resort through package deals and the value for money may be better, but I would certainly not reccommend paying the 'going rate' for this hotel. From looking at the website the pictures would have you believe this was a modern, high quality resort located on the beach, but actually it is a resort which is cut off with a very busy road of which only a small, and very dated part of the hotel was on the beach side. We stayed in 2 different rooms (owing to their being an animal of some sort in the roof of the first one - for this I don't blame the hotel at all - that was just unfortunate and to be fair the staff did their best to remove the animal even though it was the middle of the night). The first room was on the left hand side as you face the beach - this rooms was poorly decorated with small stains and water patches throughout. The bathrooms were dark and dingy, and the shower was very basic. We then moved to the block on the right hand side as you face the beach and this was more modern and the rooms in much better state. I still would not say they were luxurious but they were better.

The main pool area close to the beach was nice, but the other pools in the resort were again dated, with stains on the floor and shipped paint work etc. The rooms were also quite noisy - you could hear the road and the sounds from the other units.

The hotel very much gave me the feel that it had been expanded so many times that it had got too much to handle and that they were not able to maintain the basic up-keep required.

We also ate the breakfast (which I would say was average) and at the hotel restaurant for dinner which was really bland food. I would definitely reccommend eating at some of the other restaurants near by - there are many cheaper, more atmospheric and higher quality food places near by.

On the plus side the beach was gorgeous with great sunsets and the location of the hotel (excluding the road running through it) was really nice. Also the staff were really friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: If you pick a beach front room try and get in the building on the right hand side as you face the beach they are much more modern.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CarolynAlisa
Reviewed September 17, 2013

If you are looking for a great location to beach and restaurants, this is the place to stay. We stayed 6 nights and enjoyed all of them. The food options are great and they offer a nice Breakfast Buffet (the coffee is incredible). The rooms are fairly small and simple but who wants to be in the room anyway when you have access to great pools and a wonderful beach with bars and restaurants right on the sand. We basically only slept and showered in the rooms. There is so much to do right on the beach..walk, run, surf, get a massage, fish, go for a boat ride, watch the sunset, drink, etc. There is also a small casino with a couple of card tables and slot machines just a 3 minute walk away near shopping and restaurants. I highly recommend this location as the employees are friendly and helpful. Please remember to tip them well, they deserve it! Also, just in case you are wondering, the area is very safe and we never felt any type of danger whatsoever, even at night with my wife and daughters.

Room Tip: There are two options. Beach side of steet which is great for sunset views and beach access but more expensive or other side of very small street which is more private and access to great pools to lay out all day in the Costa Rica sun near the pool bar. This option is less expensive. BTW, it's a 2 minute walk to the beach even from the 2nd option.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family