This is a beautiful property beachfront on Tamarindo Beach --- and the booking was done in the height of 'slow season', the hotel website is offering attractive discounts while businesses all around them are closing for the slowest and wettest month coming up.
I booked a Standard/Patio View Room with One KIng Bed for a very attractive $116 plus taxes - and was quite puzzled why I ended up in the room I did --- I stopped to confirm I was in the room intended for my booking, and showed front desk staff my confirmation via the hotel website. I got an answer that because I was 'only here for one night' they had put me into Room 134 -- puzzled. And that they would switch me if I wanted - puzzled even more. Why didn't I end up with the room I booked in the first place.... I explained that I would be doing a review and that my slant was as a mature, solo female traveler (old lady...) and I was NOT trying to make trouble, but if my room was 'Patio View' that I was really disappointed in the patio....the room is basic, there is a king bed and television, basic no-name amenities (blue shampoo scares me) but no mini-fridge or coffee maker or tea kettle - I hate looking for coffee before I'm dressed in the morning, and it's puzzling that a resort didn't have this amenity - and I could probably arrange for room service, but I cannot find a menu in the room.
The resort is owner of much commercial property around the the hotel (casino, etc - and apparently Patio View rooms are across the street?? more puzzlement). There is plenty to do and good food choices and options.
My advice -- do not give these people a credit card until you've looked at the room. I can't imagine what kind of wiggle words they would have if they were near... but it's disappointing that they feel they can do this. I will be sending a similar recommendation to journeywoman - a website dedicated to solo female travel. This is not a threat, I advised hotel staff that I would be posting a review and got offers to move -- no thanks, give me what I paid for and what I booked right out of the gate. Anything else is dishonest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Tamarindo Diria is the iconic beach hotel located in Tamarindo Beach, Guanacaste, Costa Rica, with its own personality perfect for an authentic Costa Rica vacation. Features direct access to the most famous costa rican white sand beach, front ocean view accommodations, 4 swimming pools, 6 restaurants, 5 bars, and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Otel and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach And Golf Resort
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach & Golf Tamarindo
- Tamarindo Diria Hotel