I was very disappointed with this resort for the price we paid for it. I think some people book this resort through package deals and the value for money may be better, but I would certainly not reccommend paying the 'going rate' for this hotel. From looking at the website the pictures would have you believe this was a modern, high quality resort located on the beach, but actually it is a resort which is cut off with a very busy road of which only a small, and very dated part of the hotel was on the beach side. We stayed in 2 different rooms (owing to their being an animal of some sort in the roof of the first one - for this I don't blame the hotel at all - that was just unfortunate and to be fair the staff did their best to remove the animal even though it was the middle of the night). The first room was on the left hand side as you face the beach - this rooms was poorly decorated with small stains and water patches throughout. The bathrooms were dark and dingy, and the shower was very basic. We then moved to the block on the right hand side as you face the beach and this was more modern and the rooms in much better state. I still would not say they were luxurious but they were better.
The main pool area close to the beach was nice, but the other pools in the resort were again dated, with stains on the floor and shipped paint work etc. The rooms were also quite noisy - you could hear the road and the sounds from the other units.
The hotel very much gave me the feel that it had been expanded so many times that it had got too much to handle and that they were not able to maintain the basic up-keep required.
We also ate the breakfast (which I would say was average) and at the hotel restaurant for dinner which was really bland food. I would definitely reccommend eating at some of the other restaurants near by - there are many cheaper, more atmospheric and higher quality food places near by.
On the plus side the beach was gorgeous with great sunsets and the location of the hotel (excluding the road running through it) was really nice. Also the staff were really friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Tamarindo Diria is the iconic beach hotel located in Tamarindo Beach, Guanacaste, Costa Rica, with its own personality perfect for an authentic Costa Rica vacation. Features direct access to the most famous costa rican white sand beach, front ocean view accommodations, 4 swimming pools, 5 restaurants, 5 bars, and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Tamarindo Diria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach & Golf Tamarindo
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach And Golf Resort
- Tamarindo Diria Hotel