My husband and I were able to have our big, beautiful Catholic destination wedding in January 2013 with the help of the Tamarindo Diria Beach Hotel! Actually, who am I kidding – they did not just help, they orchestrated the entire thing for us. Planning a destination Catholic wedding is very tricky, but they guided us through it all. It was incredible.
We had our ceremony at the local Catholic church – Iglesia Santa Maria – which is even more beautiful in person than in pictures. Our wedding coordinator at the Diria, Eunice, helped us get everything set up there, including shuttles for all of our guests back and forth and a band for the Mass. She ensured we had a rehearsal with the priest (who came in from San Jose) in the church the night before so we knew what to expect. She also found a horse drawn carriage for us. The ceremony was a Costa Rican fairy tale. Our reception at the hotel was one of a kind – we had a fabulous thumbprint guestbook (painted by Eunice herself!), the most delicious meal I’ve ever tasted, a cake that was to die for, and comfortable lounge furniture for when our guests got tired from so much dancing. There were candles lit and lights strung everywhere. It could not have been more romantic.
The hotel was absolutely wonderful to our entire group – we brought nearly 90 people with us! They made us feel welcome and at home from the moment everyone checked in. The entire staff was very friendly, and we even got to know several of them by name. They made us feel like we were the only ones there, even though it was High season and the hotel was full. It truly felt like a second home to all of us.
I can’t say enough about the food – not only was our wedding meal out of this world (thanks again, chef!), but the day-to-day food from breakfast through dinner was unreal. The breakfast bar was huge with tons of choices every day – fruit, cheese, eggs/omelets, traditional Tico food (gallo pinto, platano), juices, and more. You couldn’t go wrong. We did not get a chance to try all of the Diria restaurants during trip, but everything we ate was perfect – especially the ceviche. It was the best I’ve ever had; 8 months later, I STILL crave it. All of the drinks and cocktails we tried, both at the front bar and at the pool bar, were out of this world.
Last, but CERTAINLY not least, the hotel itself. When we walked in, I couldn’t believe how incredibly beautiful it was. From the ocean view pool, to the gardens, to the beach itself, to the area across the way with the expansive pool and pool bar, to the restaurants – I could go on and on. Everything always felt very clean and well kept, which I’m sure is difficult to do when you’re right on the beach. The rooms were pristine. Ours had a fabulous view of the ocean – waking up to that is unbeatable.
All in all, from the extensive planning that Eunice did for our big Catholic wedding, to the hotel grounds and staff, when I now picture a vacation, this is the place I imagine. We loved it so much that we can’t imagine not spending our first anniversary there this coming January 2014. I know a good number of our guests are starting to think about their next trip back, as well!
Thank you, Eunice and the Diria, for going above and beyond, and outdoing our dreams!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Tamarindo Diria is the iconic beach hotel located in Tamarindo Beach, Guanacaste, Costa Rica, with its own personality perfect for an authentic Costa Rica vacation. Features direct access to the most famous costa rican white sand beach, front ocean view accommodations, 4 swimming pools, 5 restaurants, 5 bars, and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, West Indies, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Tamarindo Diria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach & Golf Tamarindo
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach And Golf Resort
- Tamarindo Diria Hotel