We stayed at Tamarindo Diria December 1-8, just my husband and I. Our suite was 224, upstairs and ocean front. Nice suite..... double beds instead of a king but that was ok. The patio is quiet and private and with views to blow your mind. The entrance to the suite however does face the street and it is a bit noisy but not very late.... we slept in a few mornings and were not disturbed by the traffic noise. The Tamarindo is in walking distance of everything you need. Many shops and eateries. The grounds are lovely and well maintained. The breakfast buffet is standard fare but fine, the coffee is great but the service slightly lazy. But it's a beachfront little hotel restaurant with the ocean as a backdrop..... time becomes irrelevant. We layed out by the pool one afternoon and our cocktail waitress was not only very attentive, she was just as sweet and kind as could be, wish i remembered her name! The pools were gorgeous, the beach location is great and the rooms are good. We would visit again. One BIG word of caution.... just outside the beachfront entrance, by the security gaurd, is a friendly guy named David... or Jose.... he switches it up a bit. He IS NOT affiliated with the hotel. He books fishing trips, excursions etc, stands there with a binder of beautiful boats and people with gigantic fish etc etc ....... it's a scam. 350US for half day of fishing...... 50 deposit, rest due the day of fishing. It was a beaten up boat, broken down transportation, guides who (while sweet) spoke no english and we caught no fish. Really shady trips he books. Steer clear. All of our other excursions were booked thru GO ADVENTURE w/ Ciro and he was amazing. We booked the Sunset cruise and the Canopy tour, both just amazing tours. At the last minute we booked the ATV tour and it was great, hit the beach just intime for the most beautiful sunset ever , Albi (not sure of spelling) was our guide. He was just wonderful, took care of our safety and showed us a great time. Just in front of the hotel restaurant you will see lots of young men offering surf lessons, I took a couple with Diego, and he was good natured, patient and just happy to be with. Overall, it's a great place to stay. No real complaints. Just a week filled with spectacular sunsets and the most warm loving people on the planet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Tamarindo Diria is the iconic beach hotel located in Tamarindo Beach, Guanacaste, Costa Rica, with its own personality perfect for an authentic Costa Rica vacation. Features direct access to the most famous costa rican white sand beach, front ocean view accommodations, 4 swimming pools, 5 restaurants, 5 bars, and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Tamarindo Diria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach & Golf Tamarindo
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach And Golf Resort
- Tamarindo Diria Hotel