We just returned from our first trip to Costa Rica. We spent three nights at Diria after spending the first part of our vacation in the Central part of Costa Rica.
Diria was nice because it is on the beach with great views of the ocean. The restaurant and bar areas have great atmosphere and good drinks, but the food was just okay. Breakfast was not very good and they quite possibly have the worst coffee I've ever had--strange since Costa Rica is known for their coffee. Still a nice place to hang out and enjoy the beach.
We had a Deluxe Sunset Room on the 3rd floor. Although the views were fantastic, the room was small and uncomfortable with a lot of noise from the street beginning very early in the morning. We had two small towels for three adults, and the bathroom smelled like sewage. Still worth it for the incredible views.
Since the road is not paved, there is dust everywhere, and I have to say, the staff did a good job of keeping things as clean as possible. It was not pleasant to walk down the street because of the dirt, exhaust fumes and construction.
There are a lot of pretty good restaurants along the beach next to Diria. This is a good thing since you can walk on the beach to get there, instead of dodging traffic and trenches on the street. We ate at Nugui's and Walter's at the end of the street, and Coconut's, which is a higher end restaurant with great food.
Did we have fun at Diria? Yes! Would we return for a 2nd stay? Probably not. There are too many other areas in Cost Rica to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Tamarindo Diria is the iconic beach hotel located in Tamarindo Beach, Guanacaste, Costa Rica, with its own personality perfect for an authentic Costa Rica vacation. Features direct access to the most famous costa rican white sand beach, front ocean view accommodations, 4 swimming pools, 5 restaurants, 5 bars, and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, West Indies, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Tamarindo Diria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach & Golf Tamarindo
- Hotel Tamarindo Diria Beach And Golf Resort
- Tamarindo Diria Hotel