“Very Enjoyable!”

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Very Enjoyable!”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I highly recommend this sunset snorkel sail. The food was amazing on the boat. We were constantly being asked if we wanted anything including drinks. The snorkel equipment was great. The boat also provided life jackets and "noodles" for floating. The young man (I can not recall his name) was extremely knowledgeable about the wildlife, country, and boat. Our snorkel guide helped us see star fish and puffer fish that he retrieved from the ocean floor while making sure we stayed safe. The captain continuously watched out for all of us including my kids (9 and 12) when we were in the water. For not mush more a person, you can avoid the crowds of the "Party boats" and have a private boat. I highly recommend the Mandingo!

Visited February 2014

Minnesota, USA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Our family and friends, hired Mandingo Sailing for a private charter December 31, 2013. Captain Brad was fabulous, along with skipper Lucas. Sail boat has a lot of room with the ability to snorkel off the coast of Tamarindo. The meal they provided was very good, a traditional chicken and rice dish. Well worth the money and would highly recommend!

Visited December 2013
Greenwich, Connecticut
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“A perfect afternoon on the water”
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

With no small amount of trepidation we booked an afternoon sail, on the recommendation of our concierge. As we were shuttled from the beach through the moored boats, we were very pleased to approach the classic 3 masted sailboat, being greeted by our captain as we climbed aboard.

The next several hours were among our favorite as our family of six alternately snorkels, nibbled and sipped our way along the coast, all under the guidance of the captain and three crew hands.

While the food was basic fare, it was made better by the warmth and friendliness of the captain and crew. The mojito, on the other hand, was superb.

Be sure to ask for a spell at the wheel - it's great fun steering the boat and holding it steady in some pretty stiff wind. The snorkeling was great fun - while not up to Caribbean standards, we were led by one of the crew who knew where to find puffer fish, a reef shark, and sea turtles.

Some of our most memorable screen background images are photos we took on the boat, especially the sunset, which we toasted with champagne.

Book early in your stay - chances are you will want to repeat, or reserve a morning snorkeling trip with one of the crew.

Visited December 2013
Redmond, Washington
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Abdolutely Awesome”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We chartered for a party of six, and had an incredible time. There were three crew members serving us: an american skipper, a local deckhand (who in fact is the son of the boat's owner), and another local who ran the drinks and refreshments. Except that things were not that compartmentalized: all of them did whatever needed doing at the moment.

GREAT hospitality, excellent drinks (no blender drinks), and great snorkeling.

It was really windy the day that we went, but the boat is very stable and loves lots of wind. It was performant, not a slug (I used to be foredeck crew on a J-35, so I believe that I am qualified to make this assessment.)

In addition to the snorkeling we saw several sea turtles and schools of fish jumping.

The day ran from 1:00 - 5:45 or so, and was capped off with champagne at sunset.

Plan on over-tipping. They deserve it.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Mike_Sea
Ottawa, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great snorkelling, even for first timers”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My wife and I found the snorkelling tour late in our vacation, or we would have gone multiple times. I think the best part was for my wife, who is a non-swimmer, and somewhat afraid of the water. The captain and crew dove in the water with her, had a special buoyant belt around her waist, and held her hand during her entire time in the water. I was astounded that they were able to keep her calm, and she was able to snorkel and see the things I had described to her. The crew would corral fish so she could get to them to have a look

I enjoyed the snorkelling as well, we went to several spots and saw tons of wildlife. This was the 2nd snorkelling tour we went on during our trip, and was by far the better one.

I lied a little bit in the review, I went in January 2011, not 2013. If I go back to Tamarindo, I'll go snorkelling again.

Visited January 2013