“Hidden Gem”

La Pachanga
Ranked #18 of 193 Restaurants in Tamarindo
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Small Restaurant With Big Reputacion Where You Can Eat The Real Traditional Italian Food, Homemade Pasta,ravioli, Pizza, Fish, Meat And A Lot Of Vegetarian Dishes, Ask For Gluten Free Pastaspecials Every Night And Live Music
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband read about La Pachanga on trip advisor, otherwise we probably won't have wondered that far off the main drag in the evening. Manuel was our friendly waiter, on his suggestion I ordered the tuna which was excellent. My husband had the gnocchi with cheese which he enjoyed, it would have been too cheesy for my tastes. We also ordered the drink specials they were great. We were so full we weren't able to try any deserts. We would love to come back to this restaurant again. It was great to sit outside and enjoy the evening and the nice breeze.

There are newer reviews for La Pachanga

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I recently spent a week in Tamarindo, and La Pachanga was the only restaurant that I visited more than once. After many casado's I was definitely craving a bit of food from home (I can't help it, I love Italian food) - and based on reviews of La Pachanga I knew I had to try it.

I'm SO glad I did, as the food was amazing. The service was a bit slow, but we were on vacation so really what does it matter. La Pachanga served authentic Italian fare that was amazingly delicious on both visits. I highly recommend a trip in if you're in Tamarindo.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Tamarindo is growing and getting nicer . I returned to La Pachanga resturant and found it was better then ever. Icio owner a chef has added lots of news plates to the menu and they are fantastic.. You might want to try to reserve as sometimes it's hard to get a table, these days.... But do Go and enjoy a great meal and a friendly crowd, as much as I did.
It's a must when in Tamarindo.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Our group of four guys must have eaten at every so called "best" restaurant in Tamarindo. Yeah, some of them were good, but not great as locals would recommend. And then we came across La Pachanga! From the second we arrived, we were greeted with open arms from the Catherine and Ma Nu. From the knowledgeable service to the excellent food, La Pachanga will fulfill your expectations. They even hand make the raviolis!!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We had an amazing dinner at Pachanga last week. The homemade pasta is great, just like they make in Italy. Maurizio the owner/chef takes great care and pride in his restaurant. The menu/daily specials are written on a chalboard easel that they transport to your table to see when you sit down. Really cool! I had pasta with a tomato pesto with walnutsd and goat cheese....to die for!! Big portions too. If you have room try the home made panna cotta afterwards. Bravo Maurizio!