“Best meals we had!”

La Pachanga
Ranked #19 of 197 Restaurants in Tamarindo
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Small Restaurant With Big Reputacion Where You Can Eat The Real Traditional Italian Food, Homemade Pasta,ravioli, Pizza, Fish, Meat And A Lot Of Vegetarian Dishes, Ask For Gluten Free Pastaspecials Every Night And Live Music
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We happened upon this little restaurant by accident one night and were pleasantly surprised! Its a little off the beaten path, but not so out of the way that you should skip it. We had a week stay in Tamarindo and had dinner there 3 times. Everything was wonderful. The servers are very accommodating owner, Icho, was the nicest guy ever. He even prepared Eggplant Parmesan for our last night because he knew I was a vegetarian, and it was the best I've ever had. Don't miss out on this gem!

1  Thank Brielle D

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Four of us, two couples, made this our new year's eve dinner spot. We had a bottle of red wine and a rum and pineapple drink - all good. We ordered the special smoked cheese bruscetta and the caprese salad, which were wonderful (just took a while for them to come out). I ordered the pasta puttanesca, my husband had the spinach and ricotta ravioli, one friend had the bolongnese pasta and the other friend had a hawaiian pizza. All the pasta dishes were out of this world good and the pizza was good, although he wouldn't recommend going there specifically for the pizza. We also ordered two chocolate mousses to share which I would say pass on - they were more like a chocolate pudding out of a box. But honestly, the pasta dishes were so good that the dessert was an after thought anyways.
If you like pasta we highly recommend!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We ate here twice during our 10 heavenly days in Tamarindo. The food is prepared as you order it. The food is really the best we had. There are many specials every night and we were lucky to have found this wonderful gem. Also Manuel was our favorite server. Ask for him. During the day he will take you jet skiing on the beach.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

The meal we had at La Pachanga was the best one we had while in Tamarindo. We ate on a Tuesday night during happy hour. The drinks were two for one and the pizzas were also two for one. The pizza was superb and the nice visit we had with the owner topped off our visit. I wish I could get this quality of authentic Italian pizza here at home.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed in Tamarindo for a week and discovered a gem worth flying from the US for dinner for! If you want to impress a date by spending a romantic evening on the out door patio or even hang with friends over an impressive meal, take them here. My bet is, you'll come back more than once! I am a foodie and have traveled to Italy. This my friends is authentic fresh pasta coupled with perfectly blended spice and choice of meat, seafood or vegetables. Or if you would rather avoid the carbs, he will put together delectable seafood and beef dishes with a twist like no other! The Italian owner from Milan, is a chef trained first by his Italian mother and then by a fine school New York. It was love at first bite! In fact we went three times as nothing else compared to such high quality, reasonably price dinning. Enjoy!