Open today: 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM

MauiBound53
Indianapolis, Indiana
via mobile
Thanks Don!

We had a great time with Don! It was a rainy day, but that didn’t dampen his spirits. We read lots... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
Voyager556969
Santorini, Greece
via mobile

All reviews don grant tour guide hot springs costa rica zip lining pura vida infectious laugh horseback riding combo tour his knowledge mud bath most recent trip beautiful waterfall white water kayaking perfect guide took pictures cost rica
Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

Design your own excursion — whatever you wish — and Don, the best tour guide in Costa Rica, will show you the way.

In addition to being the world’s youngest 40 year old, Don brings a wealth of knowledge, photography skills, personality and SAFE driving, a rarity in CR.

He is connected to virtually all local business people and will ensure you will have a great time. This is not a paid ad — we actually had the privilege to hang with Don for a full day in Oct 2018. He is a bargain at double the price.

Enjoy.

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

We had a great time with Don!
It was a rainy day, but that didn’t dampen his spirits. We read lots of tour reviews for many companies and what you read about Don’s friendliness, his enthusiasm about his country and his excellent guiding skills are all true! We were a group of 9 and did the Rincon day tour. Everything happened just like we planned. He even stopped along the way to point out Toucans we definitely would have missed.
Book with Don, you won’t regret it!!

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

We went with Don on an outing to Rincón and zip line, horseback riding, mud bath followed by hot springs and waterfalls. We had a delicious lunch too! It was an awesome day! Don is hilarious and very knowledgeable about Costa Rica and it’s history. We learned a lot and had a blast! I would highly recommend doing a tour with Don and Get Lost in Costa Rica!

1  Thank Micia B
Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

Don was such an unbelievable tour guide for my family. He was very quick to repsond and continually
went above and beyond for us during our stay. He was very personal yet professional. We toured Rincon de la Vieja, went horseback riding and ended our trip with a sunset helicopter tour that took our breath away. Don made our trip so pleasurable and exciting! I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a Costa Rica adventure!!

1  Thank Sylvia H
Reviewed September 20, 2018

I love traveling but I always feel uneasy about booking tours in a different country...are the reviews real, is it safe etc. But touring with Don did not disappoint. He was very responsive which is always appreciated. I was shocked when he picked us up from our condo because it was a private family tour in his SUV. For some reason, I was expecting a small shuttle bus with people. Awesome! I have 2 boys (7 and 6 years old) and know I wanted them to get a taste of Costa Rica. Before booking the tour, Don put me at ease that they could do the zip lining at their age. They were nervous at first but they loved it! He even took videos with our camera to capture the experience. It was the highlight of their trip, in addition to the warm "pool" afterwards. We also booked a Safari Adventure so the kids could see some animals. We saw many animals -monkeys, birds and crocodiles by our boat! The food at the little place he took us to was also very good. After, he also was able to recommend some nice beaches and restaurants that we can drive to. He was very easy to talk which is always a big plus. I would recommend him to anyone going to Costa Rica. Pura Vida!

Reviewed September 10, 2018

Don took us on a walking tour of Rincon de la Vieja National Park. This park is absolutely beautiful! We saw iguanas and butterflies of every color, but the most awesome sightings were a white headed falcon and a boa coiled up in a tree!! We also saw a beautiful waterfall, it was like being in paradise. Then we arrived at the sulfur springs, the steam vents, fumaroles and the boiling mud pots, you just have to experience them in person, truly awe inspiring.
We then went to Oropendola waterfalls, the water was crystal clear and cold,the perfect place to cool off, get in the water and enjoy the beautiful surroundings. We then had a delicious lunch at a lovely lodge and finished our day with a relaxing and soothing soak in the natural hot springs. Don is amazing, he customized this trip for us, as we made a very last minute change (we were on the road headed to Arenal), so that I could see and experience a volcano that was active. We all appreciated his sense of humor, and he is very knowledgeable about all the animals and insects that we saw along our hike.
It was truly a great experience, and I would recommend Don and this tour to anyone.

We also went on an ATV tour with Don to see the country side and two secluded and very beautiful beaches. We saw humpback whales that were swimming not far from shore, so awesome!!!! Along the way, we also saw and heard the howler monkeys that were in the trees above us.

I wish we had time to go on some of the other tours that Don offers. Next Time!!

Reviewed August 14, 2018

Did a tour with Don and his daughter and it was memorable and one the best experiences while we were in CR. My family (kids 10, 13, and 16) thoroughly enjoyed our tour and Don. Don does a great job entertaining his guests but also himself which is totally cool and funny - HA! (that laugh). Next time in CR, I would use Don to plan out my week and transportation. He is knowledgeable, a good person and trustworthy. You will not regret spending precious vacation time with Don.

1  Thank Antonio L
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Has an excellent time with our guide Don Grant! He is knowledgeable, friendly, and all around fun to spend time with...
Highly recommend!!
@getlostincr

1  Thank jennmorland
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Even though we weren't able to make a tour in his area, Don helped find another amazing tour for us. If you get the chance - check him out. Don and Get Lost in Costa Rica does not disappoint!!

Reviewed July 31, 2018

When I first started researching tour companies I was totally overwhelmed until I found "Get Lost in Costa Rica." My expectations were high and Don met and succeeded them!! Just loved all our tours.......the convenience of picking us up at our home, the clean van stocked with water and beer, and his gregarious attitude kept us sooooo happy!!

All the staff we met for our tours were amazing too!!

Next trip, I can't wait to try another tour with Don!!