“A gorgeous shop of Color & Pure Love”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lydia Beech Art

Lydia Beech Art
Ranked #2 of 28 Shopping in Tamarindo
More attraction details
Owner description: Unique Hand Painted Clothing "Wearable Art", Folkloric and Abstract Canvases, Costa Rican scenes, Jewelry including painted leatherware. Our services include Custom Hand Painting the garment or canvas of your choice. Bring along a photo of a pet or of an occasion that you would like made into your own delightful canvas to take home or have shipped. We host beautiful gifts hand crafted in Tamarindo and unique only to this shop. We also offer Stand Up Paddle surf and flatwater lessons for all levels and abilities. We have a wide range of SUP boards for rent.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A gorgeous shop of Color & Pure Love”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

While eating at Nogui's Resturant (which is a must!), I noticed a tee-shirt in a a store window that said 'Always Radiate Sunshine'. It was night time, so I wasn't able to see much else in the store, but the next morning I came back to get that t-shirt. But the little store was closed that early in the morning. However, now it was light out and I could actually see inside. The little shop was filled with color and sparkle and hand created, unique items, filled with love. And what caught my eye this time was a mermaid tank top. So once again, I left and came back during business hours. Third time worked, and was worth the wait... Lydia and her shop are absolutley charming. She and her creations are one of a kind. For anyone looking for hand created items, you need to find yourself in this colorful little shop.
Not to mention, Lydia herself is amazingly talented and emmulates pure joy and light. She has a personal touch that is very rare and refreshing... A warm soul, who genuinely loves her craft and the people who are so lucky to leave with any of her creations.
I spent a good hour chatting with my new found "mermaidlady soul sister" and looking around her colorful shop. And finally left with that mermaid tank top and a beaded/glass 'Om Mani Padme Hum' wall hanging. These are both gorgeous pieces of art that will never be duplicated and will always remind me of Lydia, her shop and our warm and spirited time in Costa Rica.

Namaste.

1 Thank daelynrene

Calgary
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lydia Beech Art”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We came across Lydia Beech's art in her little shop in Tamorindo. The art is very colorful and unique, and seems to really capture the spirit of this beautiful country. Lydia herself is a gentle presence in the shop...a wonderful lady. You can tell she takes great pride in what she does.

Lydia's prices all seem very reasonable....we bought several pieces from her. They will serve as special reminders of our time here.

Visited January 2013
Winnipeg
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Favourite Piece of Art”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Hi Lydia, just want to show off my favorite summer dress created by you. I'm sharing a photo from Ocho Rios, Jamaica. I received nice comments on how pretty it is. Pura Vida!

For travellers who will come across Lydia Beeach Art, don't hesitate to take home something unique that you can find at her shop.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank May_L_XL
Charlotte, North Carolina
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“True local art”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Much of what is sold here is made in Indonesia all though many will tell you these trinkets are made locally. If you really want to go support a local artist and bring back something truly handmade and unique then this place is where you need to go. Lydia makes hand painted clothing, jewelry, and will also custom do a piece for you if you have a couple of days. Her clothing is really beautiful as is the jewelry. Worth a look!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Carol M
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A magical shop and a beautiful, talented artist!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stepping into Lydia's shop every morning before paddling was a serene and beautiful moment. Her artwork is stunning - the colors, the lines, and the reflections of the sea and beach wrap around you as you try to take it all in. I felt calmed and peaceful in this beautiful shop. I bought two art pieces: One is a painting by Lydia of a jellyfish. I have it hanging in my living room now. The other is a painted canvas by an artist in Guatemala and I have that piece in my kitchen. The clothing and jewelry is gorgeous, creative, and very well made.

In addition to the beauty of the shop is the lovely and talented Lydia. She is so warm and welcoming and engaging. We had many wonderful conversations in her shop about all kinds of things. She makes the experience very personal for everyone. She takes so much care with making her items, wrapping the items, and writing a personal note. I think it is rare to go to a largely tourist occupied area and be able to buy a piece of original art and actually engage with the artist. It's truly a magical experience to interact with Lydia in her shop. I hope to find myself there again one day.

Visited December 2012