“Great little place!”
Review of Hotel Pasatiempo

Hotel Pasatiempo
Ranked #4 of 45 Tamarindo B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is small, but with all the basic amenities needed. I loved the trees, plants & flowers around the hotel. The room & bathrooms are a good size and the beds are super comfy. The pool area is very nice with lounge chairs. The location of the hotel is a close walk to the beach and Main Street. We felt safe walking at night to/from the hotel.

We had some issues with the AC in our room and had to be moved twice during our 4 night stay, but we understand these kinds of things happen and believe management tried her best to rectify and solve the problem.

The breakfast was good, but service could improve. It looked like they had some people helping out who quite didn't know about how to handle a large crowds. People who arrived after us got served first and lady seemed flustered and was raising her voice to the kitchen staff.

Overall, I'd stay there again and recommend it to others.

Stayed: December 2013

Reviewed December 24, 2013

The hotel has a great location, from there you can go anywhere in Tamarindo just by walking.
Breakfast is included and its really great, delicious :)
Rooms are clean and the beds are so comfy!
The rates are low, which can make people think is a low quality but its exactly the opposite, is a very nice place, the service is amazing, the owner is a sweet lady and the staff is so friendly.

Sometimes we as national tourists think we have no options (because hotels are expensive), but this place is really the best option I've found so far in Tamarindo. I will definitely come back!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Edwin H
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Pasatiempo exceeded my expectations. Great location in Tamarindo with gorgeous set up and amazing staff. Clean rooms, nice pool and great bar. The bartender, Steve is very friendly and runs the bar and restaurant like a true professional. For my first time in Costa Rica and travelling alone, Pasatiempo made me feel relaxed and welcome. They also know how to have a good time and provide a lot of fun on Wednesdays and Saturdays. The free WiFi and NFL/NHL sports on in the bar were details I loved as well. Overall amazing.

The owner, Helen, is a fantastic lady, very helpful and friendly. And not to mention gorgeous!

Stay there!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Brooks H
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I spent 10 days here and agree with the other reviewers that this is a great little hotel. The rooms are nice, the staff friendly and helpful, and the setting is very pleasant. There is a beautiful little pool area and the bar is great - got my NFL football fix on Sunday and heard live music from from some really pro musicians who live in town a couple of times. Easy 5 minute walk to the beach and everything else. Overall review - Excellent

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Henry S
Reviewed December 13, 2013

This Bed and Breakfast was exactly what I was searching for after weeks of research. I am a Travel Agent, so I always do research and listen to feedback. I travelled to Costa Rica for the 2nd time in Jan '13, and I knew from my first visit that I wanted to spend a couple of nights in Tamarindo, since I would be at The Westin for the rest of the trip. Check In was smooth, even after a huge flight delay got us there late evening. The area of Tamarindo, I would compare to my home land of Puerto Rico, in which you can walk to everything very easily, the beach, the bars, the clubs, the supermarket, the banks, the liquor store, etc....We even stopped into some real estate stores, to see how much a condo, apartment, etc would cost. The hotel itself is very boutique-ish, private-yet fun, relaxing if you wished to relax, and no hassles. The front desk has tours that you can book if you want to experience the adventure of Costa Rica. The restaurant, we ate on the first night, was very delicious, i was impressed with the staff......Some travellers dont like a smaller type of hotel, but this was perfect and hit all of my expectations, especially since i was in Tamarindo for several nights. We went to the night clubs, --Aqua, Monkey Bar, ....there was late night food options to help with the liquor consumption :). The Hotel Pasatiempo is a good hotel, it isn't luxurious for those looking for Italian marble sinks and fancy butlers. It is perfect for couples and families that want to be in a low key resort--but not with low key customer service Pura Vida.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bacardiholik
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Great bed and breakfast. Exactly what most want from one. Free breakfast in the morning, free wifi, clean property. The rooms are nice in size, they have a safe for your valuables and all the nice details. It's off the main strip in Tamarindo so it's a short walk to the beach. Friendly staff to help you with whatever you need. Make sure to say hi to Frankie the cat and have Steve at the bar make you one of the house specialties from Monkey La-La! Only thing I would change is make the use of the pool only for guests since it's a smaller area.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MMMPR3S
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We randomly found this place after coming into Tamarindo without any accomidations booked. To say the least, we were happily surprised. Within the first 30 minutes, we were settled in our clean, comfortable room and welcomed by the bartender Steve. Steve not only served up delicious beverages, but acted as our personal concierege for recommedations around town. Overall, a phenomenal experience!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends