“MUST stay here!”
Review of Hotel Pasatiempo

Hotel Pasatiempo
Ranked #2 of 46 Tamarindo B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I was traveling with a group of 6 and after a horrible stay at one of the nearby hostels we went 'shopping' for a new place to stay. Walking into Hotel Pasatiempo takes your breath away. Within minutes we knew we were sold. The hotel is set within beautiful gardens giving it a very tropical feel The rooms are spread our and extremely clean with flat screens TVs, AC and fresh pool and shower towels! (Yes, TWO towels!) and orthopedic beds (I honestly found them to be a bit hard). The owner is a fellow Canadian and was fantastic! Super friendly and willing to bend over backwards for his guests. The food at the resto was superb. I recommend the calamari and the chocolate mousse and the waitstaff were great! The breakfast was also wonderful and consisted of fresh fruit (watermelon, papaya and pineapple), coffee, juice and water, toast, cereal and scrambled eggs.
You are definitely taken care of at Hotel Pasatiempo. This place is a must-see.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Pasatiempo

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Wow!! What a great place to relax and enjoy all that Costa Rica has to offer. I stayed at Hotel Pasatiempo for two weeks and had the best vacation ever.The rooms are spread out around the grounds to really give one a feeling of privacy.The rooms are clean and well put together,the beds are amazing!(So amazing that i'm going to get a new bed for my own house) They also have remote control AC, flat screen TV's and an entry porch with chairs.The hotel is set in a beautiful tropical garden. I think that one of my favorite things was to just hang out by the pool and drink beer. I was talking to the owner Sean about the way he designed the pool, his idea was to just have a really cool place for his guests to enjoy themselves. The owners Helene & Sean are just great. Helene also runs a travel/activity business so I never ran out of things to do. I talked to other people on activity's,and it seemed like Helene could get me a better deal compared to people from the other hotels. They also have a great breakfast, coffee, juice, fresh tropical fruit,eggs,toast and other typical items. The hotel is close walking distance to everything in Tamarindo beach,shopping, restaurants and a great night life. Pasatiempo also has a great restaurant with a full bar, exceptional food at a good price. Thanks to all. Sean,Helene & Randy. I'm going back soon!!

Room Tip: Ask Sean or Randy for anything. They will hook you up!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Galen M
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I've stayed at Pasatiempo for almost 2 whole weeks and everything was perfect there. The included breakfeast it's good enough for everybody, with fruits, egg, milk, coffee, toast, minicakes, juice and more. The wednesday night party it1s amazing with great musicians and positive vibes, you really feel you are in Costa Rica, Central America, Tamarindo, Surfspot, you know, things like that. The band it's called The Leatherbacks and they have e great singer and percussion player. The percussion guy is incredible, and does incredible solos. The restaurant Ttikki has perfect food, specially the tuna dish and the calamari. All the crew, from the cleaner until the owner, including the great manager Randy are very helpfull and friendly. No copmlains at all. I really would say thanks a 100 times cause my trip was perfect. Tamarindo is also amazing and Costa Rica is a wonderfull cowntry! PURA VIDA!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Great B&B, perfectly located, awesome rooms and excellent customer service.
Mr Randy is the person who normally look around during the weekdays and he is always there for anything you need. The hotel is located appx 400 mts from the beach, has a beautiful pool and each room has a terrace where you can seat to read or just enjoy the sounds of the nature, highly recommended! Overall i think you get exactly what you pay! wich is really hard this days.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Hotel Pasatiempo exceeded all expectations. Only a short walk to main street and beach, Pasatiempo is a First Class B&B. The property and rooms are very well maintained and very clean. Sean, Helene and Randy are always avaialbale to tend to all your needs. The ttiki bar and restaurant is ran in the evenings by a Suberb French Chef Vincente and his two friends Shantel and Candace. I ate all but two evening meals
at the ttiki and was there for 9 nights. Food is Amazing! Wednesday nights the reataurant is closed for Open Mic night when a local group belts out blues and old time
rock and roll and allows anyone to sing and play if they have the nerve to.
Highly recommend and will stay there again!!

Stanley

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I visited Costa Rica with my girlfriend for the first time 2 weeks ago. When we arrived at Pasatiempo, we were greeted by Randy at the front desk. He was so helpful and such a friendly guy. Then I relaxed next to the pool while drinking Imperial (Their national beer), and I was in complete heaven. We partied at their Tiki Bar which serves an open mike night with a live band every Wednesday nights. The owners are really cool, and I must say that the people at Pasatiempo made our stay at the hotel the greatest. I highly recommend the hotel!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ZeusK
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Pasatiempo in June 2012. Here's the reasons why I would stay here again and recommend this hotel:
1.The rooms are perfect. They are up-to-date, CLEAN, and the bedding is pretty unlike some other hotels with ugly looking bed covers.
The rooms have nice front patio areas, which have nice wood chairs and a little table between the chairs. The hotel did the landscaping so perfect that I could see out from the patio but felt like I had all the privacy I wanted.
3.The hotel, pool area, and restaurant are also all nice looking, very clean and up-to-date
4. The landscaping is lush and beautiful.
5. The pool is beautiful, nice to swim in, and again CLEAN!
6. Everyone who works at the hotel is very nice, friendly and helpful.
7. I cannot stress enough how clean this hotel is.
8. The Ttiki Restaurant & Bar at the hotel is amazing! You do not want to miss enjoying meals prepared by the chef, Vincent. The food is amazing and Vincent is just wonderful!
9. The continental breakfast was the best continental breakfast I've ever had at a hotel: cereals, toast & jam, lots of fresh fruit, muffins, juice, coffee and tea, and it was so nicely presented.
10. The music night (Wednesday) night was very nice. Our room was not too far away from the bar and when I went back to my room to sleep I could hardly hear the music and fell right to sleep.

I did a lot of research on where to stay in Tamarindo, and I would have to say I picked the best place to stay in the area. This is the perfect place to stay and the place to enjoy some amazing meals at the Ttiki Restaurant & Bar.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family