“This is a great hotel”

Ranked #2 of 47 Tamarindo B&B and Inns
Denver, Colorado
“This is a great hotel”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Pasatiempo in June 2012. Here's the reasons why I would stay here again and recommend this hotel:
1.The rooms are perfect. They are up-to-date, CLEAN, and the bedding is pretty unlike some other hotels with ugly looking bed covers.
The rooms have nice front patio areas, which have nice wood chairs and a little table between the chairs. The hotel did the landscaping so perfect that I could see out from the patio but felt like I had all the privacy I wanted.
3.The hotel, pool area, and restaurant are also all nice looking, very clean and up-to-date
4. The landscaping is lush and beautiful.
5. The pool is beautiful, nice to swim in, and again CLEAN!
6. Everyone who works at the hotel is very nice, friendly and helpful.
7. I cannot stress enough how clean this hotel is.
8. The Ttiki Restaurant & Bar at the hotel is amazing! You do not want to miss enjoying meals prepared by the chef, Vincent. The food is amazing and Vincent is just wonderful!
9. The continental breakfast was the best continental breakfast I've ever had at a hotel: cereals, toast & jam, lots of fresh fruit, muffins, juice, coffee and tea, and it was so nicely presented.
10. The music night (Wednesday) night was very nice. Our room was not too far away from the bar and when I went back to my room to sleep I could hardly hear the music and fell right to sleep.

I did a lot of research on where to stay in Tamarindo, and I would have to say I picked the best place to stay in the area. This is the perfect place to stay and the place to enjoy some amazing meals at the Ttiki Restaurant & Bar.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Linda B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This is a great place to stay. It is very reasonable pricing and the staff is awesome. The Ttiki Bar is located within the complex and is a huge asset to the place. It is also the best place to be in Tamarindo on Wednesday nights with great live music and a good crowd. Great place to stay with an excellent staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank John B
NY
Reviewed July 6, 2012

After reading all of the great reviews about this newly renovated hotel, I booked a last minute trip and had an outstanding visit! The rooms are clean and cozy. The beds are a little hard but I would say that even wasn't so bad. The front desk was always helpful in providing some guidance on places to visit. Breakfast was simple but adequate. Overall, I'm sure I'll visit this hotel again in the future.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are situated around the pool area. I had a room that was more toward the back, whi...
Tamarindo
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Beautiful surroundings, lovely pool, fun chef and staff and delicious French cuisine.

Room Tip: I only had a single room with double bed but there are suites available.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Port Moody, Canada
Reviewed June 23, 2012

This was a perfect place to end our 10 day tour of Costa Rica! We spent 3 days here and enjoyed the beautiful surroundings, relaxed atmosphere, delicious dishes from the Ttiki restaraunt and an evening of wonderful live music and dancing. Could not have asked for more! The owners, Sean and Helene, are amazing....very helpful and always attentive to ensure our needs were met. All the staff were very efficient and welcoming. Highly recommended and hope to go there again in the future for a longer time. Special thanks to Sean for all the personal attention and sharing of your knowledge...our vacation photos turned out amazing!

Sacramento, California
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We stayed at Pasatiempo for three nights in June 2012. We also traveled to Arenal and Monte Verde. Next time I am going to spend all my time here. This place is absolutely beautiful. The room is large and very clean. The grounds are beautiful and well kept. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. You can walk to town and to the beach. They also will arrange for any activities that you want to do. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone. Thank you to the owners and staff for making our vacation a memorable one. We will definitely come back.

Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I went to Tamarindo with a few friends in May 2012 & stayed at Hotel Pasatiempo for 9 nights. I can't say enough about how rad this place is! Great value, beautiful surroundings and awesome staff! I literally felt like part of the Pasatiempo family by the time I went home, EVERYONE was super friendly, genuine and overly accommodating. Helene & Sean (the owners) are wonderful people, who really made our visit that much better. Vincent and Chantal who run the restaurant were equally great; Vincent can make a mean cream puff! We booked all of our tours through the hotel; Randy in the front office took care of everything with a warm smile on his face, and all we had to do was show up when he told us to!

The rooms were kept very clean, and a request for extra anything was always met graciously. Open mic night on Wednesdays is loads of fun. It’s a great place to mingle with the local talent of Tamarindo and get your groove on out on the dance floor. The beach was a very short walk, and there was a grocery store right around the corner from Pasatiempo, which I found very useful. Someone was always there to consult for great advice on activities and food.

Hotel Pasatiempo was a little slice of heaven in paradise. When I return to Tamarindo, I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends