“Awesome private surf lesson!”
Review of CR Surf Life - CLOSED

CR Surf Life
More attraction details
Owner description: the perfect way to start any day off....jumping into a beautiful ocean and riding the crystal clear, warm, perfect waves of costa rica. whether you’re a beginner, intermediate or advanced surfer, costa rica boasts an incredible variety of waves for everyone’s skills and tastes and we're here to help guide your journey. you can add photos of your experience, too! come enjoy the friendly and unique vibe we provide at cr surf life.
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Was looking for a place for my husband and son to take a beginning surf lesson in Tamarindo. Found CR Surf Life on TripAdvisor and could not have been happier with the experience. The people were so responsive - Tricia emailed me back right away, booked the lesson with an awesome instructor and the price was better than any of the other surf shops. The instructor, Nahuel, was so knowledgeable and patient. My son was able to get up on the board right away and had so much fun! Tamarindo is THE place to learn to surf. The water is so warm and the waves are mellow. Could not recommend CR Surf Life more highly!

There are newer reviews for CR Surf Life

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Took a lesson with 3 friends and was a great experience. Instructor was very friendly and really helped us get on the waves. I would take lessons with them again for sure.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Although we live in a beach community and my boys have surfing experience, I felt my boys (14 and 15) needed a refresher course while in Costa Rica. I emailed CR Surf before and during my stay and always received a very quick response. The boys had two lessons with Chelsea. If time permitted (our schedule was packed - not theirs), I would like to have had more lessons for them. Chelsea was very patient. She has lots of experience with children and that came across in her patience and teaching style. As I said, my boys already had experience but Chelsea was able to take their skills to the next level and teach some new "tips and tricks". I would highly recommend CR Surf and Chelsea!!

crsurflife, Manager at CR Surf Life, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Thanks for letting us be a part of your vacation highlights! We really enjoyed meeting your family and Chelsea had a great time with the boys. They were great students. Hope to see you again soon. Keep surfing :)

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Surf lesson was awesome! Austin is easy going and really focuses on fun and safety. Great teacher, was even able to stand a couple of times! I would recommend Austin to anybody! Thank you for a great experience!

crsurflife, Owner at CR Surf Life, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

thanks for being such a great student. people like you are what makes doing what we do so much fun! you did awesome! glad you learned a lot and had a good time. keep surfing!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I'm going on my 3rd year of surfing and after a disappointing week of surfing in San Diego, CA I decided I would join a couple friends for a lesson in Tamarindo, Costa Rica.

Austin was early for our appointment and despite us running 10 minutes late he was calm and patient the whole time. He walked with three boards on his head and we followed him for a 10min walk to the beach. He was friendly and we all talked as we walked which added to the experience bc it felt like you were about to take a surf lesson from a buddy and not a cocky instructor.

Once at the beach Austin started the lesson off by showing us the different technique and steps from paddling to riding a wave. He also focused a good amount of time on safety.

Once in the water he focused on the form all three of us had and kept on giving us different tips to improve our technique. He answered any question we had an in no time we were all riding waves. I was personally able to ask Austin about why I was having so many issues in San Diego with nose of my board going straight into the water after I'd be in a wave. He really took his time explaining everything. I think our lesson ended up going over 90 minutes and Austin seemed to not care and just enjoyed being out in the ocean and seeing us make improvements on our form.

I highly recommend that anyone visiting Tamarindo who's interested in taking a lesson should contact Austin. We had a big group in CR and other friends would go out for lessons and return completely psyched about their experience. I also noticed that while other instructors were out pushing beginners into waves which conditions had grown beyond a beginners ability that even know Austin was about 45 minutes into the lesson that he ended it and didn't take any of my friends money because he was more concerned about their safety than their money. My friends were able to reschedule for the following day which had better conditions and the got another full lesson from start to finish and had an excellent experience.

Lastly, the different tips and pointers Austin gave me during that lesson and during other times that I bumped into him going at my friends lessons really enhanced my trip to CR and allowed me to ride many waves that normally would have passed by me. I'm now back in New England looking forward to being able to use my new found technique/form.

1  Thank XswworkX

thank you so much. it was our pleasure helping you to improve your surfing skills. your obvious incredible desire to learn and listen made the experience for us unforgettable. keep it up and see you in the water!