“Highly recommend NHF!”
Review of Nick Holt Fitness

Nick Holt Fitness
More attraction details
Owner description: Nick Holt Fitness is a full service personal training outfit located in Tamarindo, Costa Rica offering personal training, group training, boot camp fitness classes, yoga classes, surf lessons, tennis lessons and surf specific exercise programs. We train all ages and fitness levels in a spacious indoor facility or out on the beautiful beaches of Tamarindo. Contact us to stay fit and healthy during your Tamarindo vacation!
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I recently spent three weeks in the Tamarindo area (Langosta) and trained with Nick regularly during that time. We arranged to work out at the beach very close to the condo we rented. Nick is very professional and despite the "temporary" nature of the sessions, I felt he was committed to making sure my workouts were interesting and aligned with my fitness goals. I had never tried TRX training before - it is challenging and effective! The morning workouts were a great way to stay active during our long holiday. Make sure you sign up to work out with Nick next time you are in the area!

There are newer reviews for Nick Holt Fitness

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I was referred to Nick via Oliver at 15-0 (the great tennis club in Tamarindo) and had several tennis lessons with Nick. They were great, Nick is super professional, reliable and an all round good guy. He really helped me with my game and i really enjoyed the experience. Then my wife and I had 2 surfing lessons which were great, Nick knows is stuff and very knowledgable. We wished we had had the lessons earlier as we ran out of time - its a shame holidays come to an end! Anyone who arrives in Tamarindo who wants to get in shape either through personal training, tennis or surfing then contact Nick - he is a master at them all. Thanks Nick - hopefully see you next year! Danny & Lisa

Reviewed December 23, 2012

So, I can't review Nick's actual services but I can say that I've tried to reach him 3 times via his website and number and have had no responses from him. A month prior to my trip I sent an inquiry via his website. I was planning on being in Tamarindo for 8 days and wanted to schedule several sessions with him, in addition to attending his TRX class (which I do back home regularly). No response. I emailed him again a week before my visit (through his website). No response. When I got to Tamarindo, I called a number I had for him and could not get through. It's quite difficult to book services with someone if they don't respond! Not sure what happened - hope he's OK - but disappointed I didn't get to work with him while I'm in Tamarindo.

Nick H, Owner at Nick Holt Fitness, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Dear Alexfi24,

Thanks for the review. Without it I would have never known that there was a glitch in my contact form. After a little digging, I am now realizing I may have missed other contact inquiries as well. I apologize we were unable to connect.

I am in the process right now of rectifying the glitch but in the meantime I have added my direct email so it is easier for people to contact me going forward - nickholtfit@gmail.com

Also, which number did you try? 8748-0126? This is a good number, but sometimes here in Costa Rica calls don't go through. You have to try a few times to get a good connection - this is the small price we pay living here in Tamarindo :)

Again, I thank you for exposing this problem in my system and apologize that we couldn't connect. I do wish you al the best and hope that next time you're in Tamarindo we can train together.
thanks
Nick Holt

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I've been training with NIck for a few months now and every training session has you achieving different goals in different ways, so it never gets monotonous.
Working with the TRX is a unique and effective way of body conditioning.
Nick always pushes you to your limits with encouragement and clear instruction giving pleasing results.
Having a lot of knowledge on dietary facts he can help you to follow a controlled plan or something in particular you need.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I have been training with Nick since February this year and I have never enjoyed working out so much in my life. Nick is a highly skilled fitness instructor with very broad knowledge in fitness techniques and he always comes up with something new to keep the training fun and challenging and to enable me to get more out of my workouts. From TRX training in the gym to boxing, to conditioning, to hill sprints, to tossing sandbags and rocks around he motivates me to push myself harder every time and I have had great results in terms of overall wellness and vastly improved strength.
I would not hesitate to recommend Nick to anyone who is interested in improving their fitness and health. We are very lucky to have someone of his caliber working out of Tamarindo. Thanks Nick!