“Dedicated to Getting You Results”
Review of Nick Holt Fitness

Nick Holt Fitness
More attraction details
Owner description: Nick Holt Fitness is a full service personal training outfit located in Tamarindo, Costa Rica offering personal training, group training, boot camp fitness classes, yoga classes, surf lessons, tennis lessons and surf specific exercise programs. We train all ages and fitness levels in a spacious indoor facility or out on the beautiful beaches of Tamarindo. Contact us to stay fit and healthy during your Tamarindo vacation!
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I've trained with Nick on and off for the last 12 months. The results have been astounding. I came to him asking for assistance with improving my speed, and agility for soccer. He put together a plan (morning training, nutrition, running) that accomplished these 2 goals as well as helping me shed an extra 15 lbs.

In the last 10 years I've tried numerous things to drop those 15. With Nick I was able to do it! As a result my clothes fit better, my confidence, and energy are through the roof.

If you are just visiting Tamarindo or live here full time and you want to see actual results then look no further than Nick Holt.

1  Thank Patrick T

Reviewed October 14, 2012

While on vacation, I had the good fortune of crossing paths with Nick Holt and told him of my interest in getting in shape after a summer of over-eating and under-exercising. Although not entirely psyched about the idea of working out while on vacation, after learning about Nick Holt Fitness, Nick gave me the motivation by creating a fun and entertaining experience. His method of instruction kept me motivated and energized. By keeping each activity short, there was no time to feel bored or exhausted even though at the end of the 20 minute regimen I realized I had really exerted myself. The routine did a great job hitting all of the muscle groups in a short time. Nick has a great knack for reading the potential of each person and pushing them and correcting their motion accordingly. The workout was done on the side of a deck with minimal equipment. Nick made me realize that I can do the exercise regimen in any setting and with limited free time and his demeanor makes it a great learning experience! I can't wait to meet him again for a refresher!

1  Thank T_Benjamin_Ro
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I trained with Nick Holt last week - AMAZING! I've been out of a work-out routine and Nick led me through an interval training session that included work for my whole body. I am not a traditional gym/trainer person but Nick made the session fun, inspiring and a great work out! He met me where I was at and also encouraged me to move passed my edge, all with a steady presence and a kind spirit. Nick also showed me how to use the foam roller and lacrosse ball for facial and tissue release - LOVED THEM BOTH - I could use the lacrosse ball forever on my feet, releases so much tension. Thanks for all the support, Nick!

2  Thank Felice W
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I took two days of surf lessons with Nick and really enjoyed his patience with me and knowledge of the waves. He started by giving me some great safety tips before we went out into the water. Then he talked me through each wave and encouraged me to identify my areas for improvement (so I could understand what I was doing wrong).

Some of the locals were telling me he's also a great yoga instructor. I'll have to try that next time as a great compliment to the surfing!

1  Thank Lindsay B
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I had 3 tennis lessons with Nick during my stay in Tamarindo and he was excellent. He analyses your game, gives you pointers on how to improve it and then does drills with you to help you cement what you've learned. He also knows the local area well and can recommend restaurants and places to go. Most importantly, he's a really nice guy! Highly recommended.

1  Thank Russ L