“Welcome Home”
Review of Hotel Mahayana

Hotel Mahayana
Ranked #14 of 47 Tamarindo B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 2, 2014

... was the first thing I heard when I got there and I felt home immediately!
Good vibes, nice place, what else to say! I'll definitely be back next year and come in low season with a bunch of friends (as there is only 6 rooms, it's easy to have the place private).

1  Thank mickecke

Reviewed April 2, 2014

What a great hotel, very clean, owner and staff are great. Rooms are very clean and the AC is super cold. Had a great time with the staff and guest one night, too much rum!! Driver arranged by hotel was waiting for us at airport, very friendly guy (Hector). Rooms are perfect, cleaning staff did a great job, and the price is just great. Not too far from beach and shops as well as dinning. Going back in Feb. 2015!!!

1  Thank Joe P
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My friend and I had the most wonderful time staying at Hotel Mahayana-amazing value for your money. The place is really cute, great ambiance on the deck (tiki style, with hammocks, lounge chairs etc)-and our room was super clean and comfortable. We had a private room with 2 single beds-the room had a flat screen tv, a safe, a beautiful newly reno'd bathroom with a glass shower, AND we had a mini fridge where we could keep drinks, bread etc. Most places I saw did not have mini fridges and it makes all of the difference. The location was perfect-it was off the main strip which is good because you don't get the noise when it's bedtime, but it's literally just a couple minutes walk down the road to the beach and the restaurants etc. Cecile the owner was extremely hospitable and the lady who cleaned the rooms was super sweet and friendly, made sure we had clean towels whenever we needed etc. They also provided beach towels which was amazing! I will most definitely come back to stay-it was truly fantastic. Thank you!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Katie M
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I had a really good time. I was so tired I slept 2 days in a row when I arrived and the room was really good to do that because I got AC and a fan which help a lot. The place is clean and fresh and then you go outside and it invite you to rest more in the hamaca (I also slept there)…It feels like far away because of the quiet but you go a couple of blocks and there are restaurants, bars, shops and obviously the beach :) Also, Tamarindo has everything. I used to do Yoga in the morning, cold down jumping in the sea, come back to make a light lunch on the hotel and then whatever was in my vacation bucket :D. I meat really nice and friendly people in the shared patio, which I loved. Celine, the owner is rally friendly and I borrowed her charger for my computer almost every day :) I had real vacation here :) Thanks

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Karina V
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I adore this hotel. The location is fantastic - a lovely quite spot yet only minutes from the shops, bars, restaurants and the beach. The rooms are great - cute and clean and with a ceiling fan, air-con, mini fridge, safe and TV. There is a outdoor kitchen for guests to use which we loved - perfect for cooking light meals and also a nice way to meet other guests.
The shared outdoor area has sun loungers, a jacuzzi and an outdoor shower - brilliant for cooling down after the beach and getting rid of sandy feet before going into your room.
This hotel really ticked all the boxes - it feels safe and the atmosphere is warm and friendly. The owner Cecile is so welcoming and so helpful with everything from restaurant recommendations to booking transport! I couldn't recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jenny W
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I stayed at mahayana with a friend for 5 days. We felt like we were at a friend's place. The room was not very large but it came with everything you need when on vacation (A/C, fan, fridge, safe, nice bathroom, and a TV). The common kitchen/bar area allows you to meet very nice people...At the end of the stay we were more a big family! We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Allen T
Reviewed March 18, 2014

THIS PLACE ROCKS! We arranged for pick-up from the airport ahead of time through the hotel. The driver was waiting at the airport with our name on a piece of paper. The driver was super nice, took our bags, and not even 20 minutes into the trip we were stopped at a fruit stand buying Pipas! (Cold, fresh coconut water straight out of the nut =) We arrived at the hotel and were greeted immediately by the receptionist, got our keys, showed us around and gave us a loaner map. The room was super clean, and just the right size for my best friend and I. There is a tv, but you won't need it. There is a small personal fridge for beer and ice, you WILL need that! The hammocks outside each room are a really awesome bonus! The pool in the courtyard is a MUST for the 98 degree days, and at night, its a perfect little hangout spot. It's right next to the outdoor kitchen, which is available for use 24/7 and really helps out if you buy a couple groceries at the market down the street. All of the guests were friendly, and willing to share their rum with the rest of us. The best night at the hotel was Thursday, when fresh caught tuna was delivered to the hotel and shared with about 12 people! The owner, Cecile is incredibly knowledgable of the area and felt like an old friend the whole time. I can't stress enough how beautiful the whole stay was, I will DEFINITELY be returning! WHAT A GEM in the middle of paradise.

Room Tip: We had a double bed but I would be willing to try out the bunk bed room.