“Wonderful experience!”

Costa Rica SUP Stand Up Paddle Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Costa Rica Stand Up Paddle Adventures offers high end, world class Paddle Surf Camps. We offer quality lessons for beginners and SUP board rentals in Tamarindo. You can enjoy our SUP and Yoga retreats - our yoga instructors can teach on the paddle board, the beach or in the studio. For intermediate and advanced SUPers, we offer coaching and guided tours by our local sup surf instructor/guides in our SUP camp. We have exciting SUP Adventure Travel guided tours and vacation packages ranging from 4 hours to multi-day. We will customize and plan the adventures closely with you. Join us and learn paddle board surfing or reach your "next level" here, in beautiful Costa Rica.
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“Wonderful experience!”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I decided to spend a 4 day vacation in Tamarindo and try stand up paddle (SUP) boarding in the ocean. Based on reviews on Trip Advisor, I chose "Costa Rica SUP Stand Up Paddle Adventures" and stayed at the Tamarindo Diria Hotel. It was super! Since I was by myself I chose to take a lesson each day which allowed me to progress and ride waves by the 4th day. The team, Marco, Lydia and Jose handled the process and were delightful. Jose covered the technique and spent a good amount of time on safety, which I felt was very important. The shop is within walking distance from Tamarindo hotel, so it is very convenient. When I go back to Costa RIca, I will definitely use there service again.
Mary Ann

Visited November 2013

San Jose, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Learn to stand-up paddle like a pro!”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

If you're interested in trying stand-up paddling and you like spending time in paradise, then pay a visit to Costa Rica SUP Adventures. The owner Marco Salazar speaks perfect English, has a quiver of easy to learn on boards and will take the time to show you everything you need to know how to SUP right from the start. Plus, there is an amazing island that you can paddle to just outside of his shop where you can find nesting birds, tide pools, and more. And when you've got your sea legs, they have SUP camps, SUP-surfing lessons and everything you would ever want from an SUP shop - not to mention when you're done, there are several bars and restaurants right outside his door. Surf's up - stand up that is...

Visited November 2013
1 Thank AAT2013
SSI
3 attraction reviews
“SUP Costa Rica”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Costa Rica
Once again Sandy and I have returned to "Magical" Costa Rica and the town of Tamarindo. We were going to try and SUP surf in Nicaragua but decided to go back to Tamarindo and see our friends Marco and Lydia Salazar from whom we rented boards last year. This year we did the surf camp and explored areas outside of Tamarindo which enhanced our experience. We have had the time of our lives without a doubt! We are an active couple in our mid fifties who feel as if we are in our thirties and could keep up with a crowd of that age. We live on an island and try to get out as much as we can but our waves are just not as good for SUP Surfing as they are on the Costa Rican Coast. Marco, Lydia, and their close friend Will made it a wonderful experience! Out of 10 days in the "rainy season" we SUP surfed 7 days in overhead waves and "flat water" paddled in the beautiful majestic Costa Rican pacific on 14 foot Bark Boards! It just doesn't get any better than this......the wild life, the surf, the , comrodery , the "Pura Vidal"! Marco has an impressive background in surfing and SUP. His instruction is quite helpful in trying to improve your game no matter your level of expertise. He takes time lapsed photos and then analyzes them with you so that you can see areas in which you can improve your SUP experience. Although the waves can get crowded as in most good surfing spots, everyone was friendly and welcomed SUP surfers. I also want to mention It truly doesn't get any better than this"! I would recommend this experience for beginners through the more advanced SUP adventurers! We will be going back next year!

Visited October 2013
San Jose, Costa Rica
“an AWESOME experience”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

In summary: love the sport....seen the sunset sitting on the board. The teacher an excellent person and his wife also. Love the idea of taking photos of us practicing the stand up paddle. Hope to repeat the surf paddle.

Visited July 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent experience for first time paddle board adventure.”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I adored Marco and Lydia. They were so helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly. I completely trusted them. I was a first time paddle boarder (so a little nervous) and they were so helpful. They ensured the ocean conditions were perfect before taking us out (we went in the morning & the ocean was rough, so they had us come back in the afternoon after the rain...and sure enough, the ocean was so calm, like glass). They taught us how to properly paddle, take the board out, stand on the board, and the basics for falling, getting on & off the board, etc. Lydia went out with us. I really liked that someone went with us.

Great time, great experience, great people. Highly recommend.

Visited October 2013