“Good falafel, hummus, pita”

Falafel Bar Medetirenean cusine
Ranked #16 of 198 Restaurants in Tamarindo
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Israeli
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The title says it all. We took it to go, and ate it some time later. The pita was fresh and amazing, and the falafel and hummus were pretty good too. We were the only ones in the shop at the time, and it seems that the falafel balls were made fresh for us. Yum!

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

This is my favorite lunch spot in tamarindo. It's not fancy, but the food is fresh, and served with a smile. I had a falafel pita, the falafel was warm, the veggies fresh and crisp, the pita baked that day. For the price, it's a steal. Brava falafel bar for not caving to the standard tourist fare!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

TAMARINDO YEEEEII - We arrive around noon time, After long drive, desperate to feed our self in some good quality of food, after all the - i dont know where - on the roads.
we saw the sign "FALAFEL BAR" in the center of tamarindo nice area, looks safe to eat, in the place few people eating on the teras - o.k lets stop to get some arabian food.
looks nice arabian place, but the service was buy local people that makes as in stress.
the place was occupied with 4 tables including us.
we like to order starts of hummus plate with extra pita bread and portion of shuwarma - But They Not Serving Shuwarma Only - Just in a Pita bread as sandwich or in a plate with sides orders - Fail - so we asked for few falafels balls to dip with the hummus plate. For the main Shot, each of us order falafel in pita bread.
We waited more then 20 minute to get our starts. we got few totally black screaming of burning out falafel balls, The hummus plate came 5 minute after - so, no falafel in hummus dip dream, we order 2 pitas extra that never came, THEN WE FOUND OUT that our falafel pita are waiting since the starts came out. all the pita got opened so i needed to ask for fork and knife. my friend got his falafel and salads on his pans!!! The End - the service that we never got payed off by 10%!!!???%%%

THIS PLACE NOT GOING TO BE PART OF MY FAVORITE PLACES AT ALL!!!

we asked to talk to the owners or manager - but they says that we need to come back latter because they working now and there is no one that can talk to us now!!!

Maxuel P

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I love good falafel but it is hard to find outside Israel. Maybe the ingredients are hard to come by - Saying that, I wanted to check out the falafel bar since it is run by an Israeli family (who are lovely people). I ordered a falafel and an extra order of humus for my lunch. I found the pita to be light and fluffy and the falafel balls to be small and crispy (just the way I like them) but the sauces (usually the best part) were bland and flavorless. Also, we did not get any extra pita with our order of humus. Maybe I just caught them on a bad day.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Small place just out of main area, with a few eat in tables, we took ours to go. Ordered the pita falafel, delicious. All the sides looked fresh and tempting.