“Great Service and Attention”

Go Adventures Traveling Costa Rica
$160.00*
and up
Coffee Tour
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed in Tamarindo for 10 nights and Go Adventures completed our long stay since it provided great activities and entertainment as well as information about the area. The workers at the kiosk were extremely helpful and made us feel very welcomes. We went on the combo tour which was a great and fulfilling way to spend the day Thanks Go Adventures!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were so excited to go on this tour after reading all the trip advisor reviews. We were picked up and driven to a Jumbo grocery store in Liberia . We purchased some much needed coffee and snacks then after ten minutes we were back in the road. The drive takes about 1 1/2 from Taramindo. We pulled into a park area where our drive got wristbands and I quickly realized that this was a tourist location not the customized unique experience I was lead to believe it was. You go to the different stations and have lunch. We had fun riding the horse in the well worn path, then we zip lined through five stations, I did not see anything amazing like li expected but I did have fun. We then did the rock climbing and water rafting. We did have to wait a long time for the boats but the rafting was great. You stop along the way and can jump into the water from the cliff wall. The mud bath and sauna were a great way to end the trip very relaxing. On the way back we made a weird stop to pay Christina in front of her apartment(. I thought this was odd as they have a store front in town). Overall it was a good trip but I did not feel like it was Go Adventures that did anything spectacular as once we were in the park the staff there did all the touring. I was disappointed in our guide as he did not talk or tell us anything he was more of a driver than anything( perhaps a off day). I went into this with high expectation but overall based on my experience booking with Go Adventures was not a huge advantage.

4  Thank Mylove68
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I decided to sign up for this tour as it encompassed many different activities - Horseback Riding, Canopy (Ziplining), Rappelling/Rock Climbing, River Rafting, Mud Bath/Sauna. The day started off early at 7:00 am with a direct pickup from my hotel. After a couple other stops and about 10 people later, we were on our way. This adventure package is actually done at and utilizes the facilites at the Canon de la Vieja Adventure Lodge near the volcano Rincon de la Vieja which is a little over an hour away from Tamarindo. You can check out the actual facilities on the lodges' website.
The driver insisted that we stop at a grocery store in Liberia so he could get some coffee and encouraged us to grab some snacks or whatever else we needed. I strolled through the store and ended up purchasing a bottle of water and some plantain chips, and proceded to wait outside the store... for the next 30 minutes. Everyone on the tour just stood next to the locked van in the parking lot while our driver was no where in site. Evidently he intended to take his time enjoying the aforementioned coffee at his leisure. In his defense, he said that the previous day he drove all the way up from Panama and had only had a few hours of sleep, which most likely contributed to the head nodding he was doing behind the wheel much of the day. In hindsite, we probably should of all gone in the store and bought him as much coffee as he could physically drink.
Eventually he emerged from store with a sack of ice and some bottled water, and we were finally on our way. I felt it very wasteful to spend so much time at the store when all of the paying customers had been ready to go for at least 20 minutes in no exaggeration. Reguardless, it was a short drive to the lodge from there and we were able to forget our irritations and finally get to the adventure. (As a warning- there are no lockers like the tour mentions- you must leave your bags in the van so it is not recommended to bring anything too valuable though we did not have any issues with theft) There were 9 ziplines of varying length and speed that crisscrossed over the river and the view is beautiful though there was not much if any wildlife. Next was horseback riding, which ended up being fairly dissappointing as it is a short 15-20 minute ride around the perimeter of a small grassy pasture with not much to see. Then those that wanted to could rappell down a small 20' rock out cropping above the river which had hand holds which you use to climb back up. This was pretty fun albiet short, and only those in fairly good shape should attempt!
Afterwards we were herded to the lunch area where many many guests from different tour companies and actual guests at the lodge were indulging in a typical buffet. It was a decent meal but nothing over whelming, mostly appreciated mainly due to the fact that we were starving after the mornings physical activity! After lunch we loaded up in the shuttle and headed up river where we were loaded into blow up kayaks- one guide and one customer per each. This was by far the best activity of the day as there were a few pretty good rapids and many chances to get wet and cool off from the hot day (my guide in particular felt the over whleming need to constantly splash me with water which he found extremely amusing lol). At the end of the rafting we came up to a small spa that had steps leading straight out of the water- it was beautiful! We were stuffed into a sauna for about 5 minutes then taken out for our "mud bath". This ended up being a diy event of grab some mud out of this bucket and baste yourself or get painted with a old paint brush by a self-admittedly drunk employee of the lodge. We layed in the sun on a rock to dry for a while then jumped back in the river to wash it off. Lastly we were shown these large hot tub areas where we relaxed for about 15 minutes for a beer provided by the lodge and then it was over.
We piled up into the van and the driver (where in the heck has he been all day?!?!) took up back to our hotels. In the end most of the actual events were pretty fun, but there was no personal touch with this tour. They contract out with the lodge and the lodge staff pretty much does everything and herds you around the various activites as fast as possible. I will acknowledge that this was 2 days before Christmas and the lodge was PACKED with tourists doing the same package we were, but I believe you can most likely get more out of your money some where else. If you have never been outdoors before this will probably blow your mind; I did end up satisfied but was left feeling as if it could of been so much better. But, if you only have a few days, it is a good way to literally pack everything adventure wise into one day to allow for maximum beach time.

6  Thank Katrina M
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We took two tours with them. The first, the adventure tour, was great but too long. It was 2 hours each way and a total of 12 hours for the day. As with all trips like this, you are a victim of the other member of your group, and we got stuck with people who were in over their heads. The other tour was just rediculous. It was 3 hours each way to go rafting on a river rated class 3/4. We were on the river 2 hours so the travel to pleasure ratio was silly. But the worst part was that our guide did not know what he was doing and caused us to capsize repeatedly in what was extremely dangerous conditions. I love risky adventure but I don't like putting my kids' lives at risk. I did not feel like this was a professional operation.

2  Thank NyMaxdad
Reviewed December 30, 2013

In Costa Rica, this is one of the must item. Our first item on itinerary was tubing. In some sense it is a white water rafting in a tube.
I am not a swimmer but had fun tubing. At times it seemed like a lazy river but other time the flow of water was gushing and falls were steep, generating white water.

1  Thank PrempalSingh