“The ultimate surf trip souvenir”
Review of Papaya Con Leche

Papaya Con Leche
Ranked #2 of 31 Shopping in Tamarindo
More attraction details
Owner description: Papaya con Leche is a unique brand which creates high-end, sexy, vibrant beachwear on Costa Rica’s Gold Coast in Playa Tamarindo. Renowned for signature surf style suits and their Gold Label Patchwork Collection, Papaya con Leche offers superior quality in luxury swimwear. Our services include creating swimsuits based on your own personal style. Because everyone is unique, we take care to personally fit every swimsuit to your exact measurements.
Reviewed April 25, 2014

All ladies must make a stop here at Papaya Con Leche for a swimsuit - I have visited here for 2 years in a row and have purchased 3 suits - they are a great fit, great color and truly unique - the owner is a master at helping to find the perfect fit and color - both times I had the straps altered to cross back that are a must for surfing! My only regret is the last bottoms I purchased were too big and did not realize it until after my first surf session (my fault, I should have checked the size tag to confirm what I thought I was purchasing) - honest mistake realized too late to fix! I will be back next year!!

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

I found them online and dealt with them through the phone and email. They shipped in CR to me quickly.

Worked with Ali and she was awesome. Highly recommend them.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I was walking past this shop and thought it looked interesting. Luckily, I went inside! Aly was wonderful helping me choose a suit for me. My D's are not the easiest to buy a bikini top for,but I was able to find a perfect fit. And I'm so happy to learn they ship internationally! I think it may become my bikini store :)

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I was looking for something unique to bring my sister back after our holiday in CR. I noticed some really nice sandals in the window of "Papaya con Leche." My husband (who gets dragged along to help with the decision making!!!!) & I went in and were welcomed with a large, bright array of clothes, shoes and accessories.

When I buy shoes for my sister, I buy the next size up from what I wear, and she LOVES shoes, so they are a very safe bet to bring home for her! I looked at the sandals, which had flat, rubber soles and a really comfy feel, so I tried on a pair. And, yes, they were very soft and comfy!! The thing that especially drew me were the colourful, soft, long laces that came with each pair. Aly came over and explained that the shoes were very comfortable, handmade in the store and multi-use, since the laces were also sold by themselves. So, one pair of shoes could easily be worn with many outfits, simply by changing the laces. Also, the laces themselves could be worn up the leg, around the ankle, or with another set of laces to create a multi-colour look. She then showed me a huge variety of laces: solid colours, polka dots, squares . . . I had trouble choosing an additional four pair, cuz I loved them all - and they weren't even for me!!!

What drew me into this store were the awesome and unique items displayed in the window, and there was even more selection in-store. Once in the store, Aly's lovely welcoming manner and her offer to help with no pressure to buy (and letting the product speak for itself!), made me feel even more comfortable. She also mentioned that should my sister like more laces, she could order them on-line, as they ship internationally.

Aly, as we found out, was from Montreal, so we had a chance to complain to each other about the weather back home in Canada. The only thing wrong was that she lived in Costa Rica and we had to head home in a week!! I know my sister will want to wear her sandals right away, but she'll have to wait until our warm Canadian weather arrives.

My husband and I travel to Tamarindo every January, so I will definitely be returning to "Papaya con Leche" next year to shop for unique, handmade, exceptionally well-crafted items that can't be found anywhere else! And, with such excellent customer service, it's a winning combo! Thank you, Aly! I guarantee my sister will LOVE her shoes!!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I had the fortunate pleasure of running into this shop through my travels and absolutely loved it! I found Kata and Aly completly personable, the selection of bathing suits was fabulous to what I see in regular stores. I also loved that they had costume fit bathing suits where you can pick the fabric and style. I actually lost my custom bathing suit and was pleasantly surprised when I found out Papaya Con Leche shipped to Canada! I ordered from them again and love my purchases! Ladies you NEED to stop here.