“Hidden gem”
Review of Papaya Con Leche

Papaya Con Leche
Ranked #1 of 29 Shopping in Tamarindo
More attraction details
Owner description: Papaya con Leche is a unique brand which creates high-end, sexy, vibrant beachwear on Costa Rica’s Gold Coast in Playa Tamarindo. Renowned for signature surf style suits and their Gold Label Patchwork Collection, Papaya con Leche offers superior quality in luxury swimwear. Our services include creating swimsuits based on your own personal style. Because everyone is unique, we take care to personally fit every swimsuit to your exact measurements.
Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I was walking past this shop and thought it looked interesting. Luckily, I went inside! Aly was wonderful helping me choose a suit for me. My D's are not the easiest to buy a bikini top for,but I was able to find a perfect fit. And I'm so happy to learn they ship internationally! I think it may become my bikini store :)

Visited March 2014

Ontario, Canada
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“I'll Visit "Papaya con Leche" With or Without the Leche. Shopping There Will Still Be As Sweet!!!”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I was looking for something unique to bring my sister back after our holiday in CR. I noticed some really nice sandals in the window of "Papaya con Leche." My husband (who gets dragged along to help with the decision making!!!!) & I went in and were welcomed with a large, bright array of clothes, shoes and accessories.

When I buy shoes for my sister, I buy the next size up from what I wear, and she LOVES shoes, so they are a very safe bet to bring home for her! I looked at the sandals, which had flat, rubber soles and a really comfy feel, so I tried on a pair. And, yes, they were very soft and comfy!! The thing that especially drew me were the colourful, soft, long laces that came with each pair. Aly came over and explained that the shoes were very comfortable, handmade in the store and multi-use, since the laces were also sold by themselves. So, one pair of shoes could easily be worn with many outfits, simply by changing the laces. Also, the laces themselves could be worn up the leg, around the ankle, or with another set of laces to create a multi-colour look. She then showed me a huge variety of laces: solid colours, polka dots, squares . . . I had trouble choosing an additional four pair, cuz I loved them all - and they weren't even for me!!!

What drew me into this store were the awesome and unique items displayed in the window, and there was even more selection in-store. Once in the store, Aly's lovely welcoming manner and her offer to help with no pressure to buy (and letting the product speak for itself!), made me feel even more comfortable. She also mentioned that should my sister like more laces, she could order them on-line, as they ship internationally.

Aly, as we found out, was from Montreal, so we had a chance to complain to each other about the weather back home in Canada. The only thing wrong was that she lived in Costa Rica and we had to head home in a week!! I know my sister will want to wear her sandals right away, but she'll have to wait until our warm Canadian weather arrives.

My husband and I travel to Tamarindo every January, so I will definitely be returning to "Papaya con Leche" next year to shop for unique, handmade, exceptionally well-crafted items that can't be found anywhere else! And, with such excellent customer service, it's a winning combo! Thank you, Aly! I guarantee my sister will LOVE her shoes!!

Visited February 2014
Calgary, Canada
“A must see shop”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I had the fortunate pleasure of running into this shop through my travels and absolutely loved it! I found Kata and Aly completly personable, the selection of bathing suits was fabulous to what I see in regular stores. I also loved that they had costume fit bathing suits where you can pick the fabric and style. I actually lost my custom bathing suit and was pleasantly surprised when I found out Papaya Con Leche shipped to Canada! I ordered from them again and love my purchases! Ladies you NEED to stop here.

Visited January 2014
Napanee, Ontario
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great ladies and perfect fitting bathing suits”
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in with friends to buy her a bathing suit to custom fit her frame. No intentions of buying one myself. The staff Kata and Aly were so friendly and made husbands feel at home. Couldn't order custom fit not here long enough takes approximately 10 days but they have a good selection on racks. They spent time with us helping to find the right fit. Yep my husband bought me one and I love it! Very comfy fit and the price is not that much more than buying one from a store where you will see the same one on the beach. They make them right at the store. My friend had to have an alteration and it was ready the next day. Perfect. Some suits are reversible. Good quality and a must if you want something special. Thanks ladies!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank SCSemple
Belleville, Canada
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Fun shopping”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I wanted to take my wife and friends here as I had read great reviews. I'm not a big shopper but this store is top drawer. Kata and Aly made this the best shopping experience ever. Out standing service, freindly. This shop offers custom swim wear, fantastic variety and the girls made us men feel welcome. We left happy and would not hesitate to recommend or return. Best of all, the suits are unique and your wife will not worry about seeing it on someone alse. If your gal is special this is the spot. If not, takem to a department store. Belleville gang.

1 Thank Craig M