“A must see shop”

Papaya Con Leche
Ranked #2 of 32 Shopping in Tamarindo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Papaya con Leche is a unique brand which creates high-end, sexy, vibrant beachwear on Costa Rica’s Gold Coast in Playa Tamarindo. Renowned for signature surf style suits and their Gold Label Patchwork Collection, Papaya con Leche offers superior quality in luxury swimwear. Our services include creating swimsuits based on your own personal style. Because everyone is unique, we take care to personally fit every swimsuit to your exact measurements. We also make our own custom leather sandals with interchangeable laces.A very unique take on providing you with the most versatile and comfortable footwear. Last but not least we carry a line of casual beachwear and some party dresses. Don't miss this unique shopping experience!
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I had the fortunate pleasure of running into this shop through my travels and absolutely loved it! I found Kata and Aly completly personable, the selection of bathing suits was fabulous to what I see in regular stores. I also loved that they had costume fit bathing suits where you can pick the fabric and style. I actually lost my custom bathing suit and was pleasantly surprised when I found out Papaya Con Leche shipped to Canada! I ordered from them again and love my purchases! Ladies you NEED to stop here.

All reviews
"laces"
in 5 reviews
"dolls"

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Stopped in with friends to buy her a bathing suit to custom fit her frame. No intentions of buying one myself. The staff Kata and Aly were so friendly and made husbands feel at home. Couldn't order custom fit not here long enough takes approximately 10 days but they have a good selection on racks. They spent time with us helping to find the right fit. Yep my husband bought me one and I love it! Very comfy fit and the price is not that much more than buying one from a store where you will see the same one on the beach. They make them right at the store. My friend had to have an alteration and it was ready the next day. Perfect. Some suits are reversible. Good quality and a must if you want something special. Thanks ladies!

1  Thank SCSemple
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I wanted to take my wife and friends here as I had read great reviews. I'm not a big shopper but this store is top drawer. Kata and Aly made this the best shopping experience ever. Out standing service, freindly. This shop offers custom swim wear, fantastic variety and the girls made us men feel welcome. We left happy and would not hesitate to recommend or return. Best of all, the suits are unique and your wife will not worry about seeing it on someone alse. If your gal is special this is the spot. If not, takem to a department store. Belleville gang.

1  Thank Craig M
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I have a very hard time finding a bathing suit top that fits perfectly and comfortably. We found this custom made swimsuit boutique and met Aly who provided me with many selections to choose from all of which fitted me perfectly. The swim suits at this boutique are all hand made and unique. The prices were very reasonable as well in my opinion. They also ship internationally so you can shop from home after your first visit as Aly records your sizes. Thank you Aly. I love my new suits!

1  Thank DianneTwynstra
See more reviews
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I first stumbled across this shop in 2008 when shopping in Tamarindo. I had 2 bikinis and a beach dress custom made for me in 2 hours! They were the best fitting bathing suits I've ever had. The girls measured me up in minutes, I went for lunch and stopped back in to pick up my suits. It was very easy. When I went back in December, 2013 I took my 16 year old daughter with me and bought her a bikini, which fits her perfectly. It is a lovely work of art! It was the perfect souvenir of her vacation. I also bought a pair of beach pants, which they altered for me in less than 1 hour. The girls here are very accommodating and knowledgeable. Also, the change room is the most beautiful little room ever!

1  Thank WorldTraveller1994