“Excellent service and patient instructors”
Review of Iguana Surf

and up
Surf Lessons in Tamarindo
Ranked #1 of 108 Tours in Tamarindo
More attraction details
Owner description: Tamarindo's Original Surf Shop, We have taught over 80,000 Surf Lesson, We have over 150 Surfboards for Rent, We also offer Kayak Tours, Canopy Tours, ATV Tours, Scuba Diving, Horseback riding, Sailing/snorkeling Tours, volcano tours, and much more.
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Called up my tour specialist Leo and he recommended Iguana surf. These instructors were awesome and taught our group of 15 to surf. My 6 year old wanted to come back again for surfing! My 4 year even got to ride the waves and enjoyed surfing as well. Christian was very helping in making accommodations for our group and offered to call our tour van when it was running late. This is our second trip to Tamarindo and I would recommend Iguana.

4  Thank Cassie H
SurfIguana, General Manager at Iguana Surf, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2014

Hi Cassie-
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to share your experience here on tripadvisor. We remember your group of 15 well and really enjoyed surfing with you guys. Both the 4 and 6 year old were natural surfers for sure! I will share this review with Leo and Christian, they will be very happy I am sure. Thanks again and if you ever get back to Tamarindo please come surf with us!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

My 14 year old daughter and her friend wanted to try surfing for the first time while on our trip to Costa Rica. We heard great things about Iguana and they did not disappoint! We put them with David for a 2 hour private lesson and by the end they were hooked, their favorite part of our trip!

Thanks again for a great memory...... PURA VIDA!!

3  Thank Tpete2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your experience with Iguana Surf-we really appreciate it! We are stoked to hear your daughter and her friend got the surfing bug:) I will share you review with David, I am sure he will be very happy to hear it. Please stop and surf with us if you are ever in Tamarindo again-

Reviewed July 27, 2014

The first time I've ever surfed was through Iguana, and it was an amazing experience. Not only did I feel comfortable with my personal, skilled surf instructor, Ki Ke, but he also guided me through the whole experience. I loved it!!

4  Thank Leigh S

Hi Leigh-

Thank you so much for your review of Iguana Surf. We really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to share your surfing experience with other eager travelers. I will be sure to share your review with Manrique, he will be stoked!

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Went to the surf shop for surfing lessons. Fifa was my instructor. not only was he a great teacher but he was so nice and funny he made me feel very comfortable. He taught me some cool tricks also. I came back the next day and rented a board for the day, the entire staff is so sweet and caring. totally recommend coming here for lessons!

4  Thank lolalee63

Hi Lola-
Thank you so much for your review of your surfing experience here at Iguana Surf. I will for sure share your kind words with Fifo, he will be stoked!
Come surf with us again if you are ever down this way.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

These guys will hook you up with whatever board you want. If you know what your doing, they will give you good recommendations on where to surf and on what tide to surf (Tamarindo is really tide dependent). Have a huge selection of boards. Most other surf shops in Tamarindo will want to sell you a lesson or they aren't very interested in you; not the case with Iguana. Great shop. Also take credit cards.

5  Thank Beau B

Hi Beau-

Thank you so much for your review of your board rental experience here at Iguana Surf. We are stoked to hear we were able to accommodate your rental needs and hope are surfing spot recommendations worked out for you. Please if you are ever down this way again, stop in and surf with us!