“Got up on my 2nd try! Great instructor!”
Review of Iguana Surf

and up
Surf Lessons in Tamarindo
Ranked #1 of 105 Tours in Tamarindo
More attraction details
Owner description: Tamarindo's Original Surf Shop, We have taught over 80,000 Surf Lesson, We have over 150 Surfboards for Rent, We also offer Kayak Tours, Canopy Tours, ATV Tours, Scuba Diving, Horseback riding, Sailing/snorkeling Tours, volcano tours, and much more.
Sudbury, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Got up on my 2nd try! Great instructor!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The price was very reasonable, the reception was great and our instructor was awesome! My first time surfing and he got me up on my 2nd try! My friend tried for the first time also and he managed to impress the instructor, he was told "most guys your size don't manage to get up". My friend is 6'5" and he's not chubby but he's not a skinny bone rack either. We had a great time and I hope I get to try surfing again someday!

Visited February 2013

Phoenix, Az
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Most friendly surf shop in Tamarindo!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

From the minute we walked into Iguana Surf they made you feel welcome! Christian was very helpful and really talked us into taking surf lessons. Dani was our instructor and thank goodness she has patience!! For two older people just wanting to try something new, she made sure we thoroughly understood what to do and took the time to get us comfortable. Out in the water she let me wait until I was ready and then sent me on my way!! I actually stood up the first time!! Thanks Dani for your help and great attitude! The price was right and worth more to us!! A definite must if you are in Tamarindo!

Lindsay, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I will return!!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

From start to finish this day was amazing!! Our small group of 4 all agreed this was one of the highlights of our trip. David "Bimbo" was a fantastic, fun and patient teacher!! As soon as we got suited up, we headed to the beach and started practicing getting up on the board!! After a few test runs on the beach we headed into the water.. rule #1 NO FEAR!
We all got more and more excited when we got up on our boards!! it was a fantastic feeling. As the lesson went on it seemed the waves got larger and larger. I appreciated the help that David gave me with my board when I was looking up at the 8-10 foot waves, he helped me a lot!! When I return to Costa Rica, I will be returning to Iguana Surf Shop! The experience was amazing, the staff were excellent, and it was a great value! I can't thank them enough!

Belarus
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great first day learning to surf, thanks to Iguana”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The day started of with quick stretching and instruction, then right into the waters of Playa Tamarindo, just right for a beginner to learn in shallow waters. The instructions by Mao were professional and the photos taken by pro-photographer Fabian were excellent. The photographer also has a magazine which he shoots for called Surfing Nation Magazine ( https://www.facebook.com/SurfingNationMagazine?fref=ts )Thanks for the fun day! We'll be back.

“Superb!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife, daughter and I totally enjoyed our experience! From the friendly service provided by Christian, to the excellent instruction provided by Dani and David. Outstanding all the way all day, great value, great attitude, great times! Highly recommend this crew for your first experience surfing. I have to say, we checked out 3 other shops first, and did not hesitate when we walked into iguana because of their attitude and service. Be there by 9, ride your first wave by 10, be very satisfied and exhausted for a late lunch and cold beer!

Visited April 2013