“Surfing Lessons”

and up
Surf Lessons in Tamarindo
Ranked #1 of 109 Tours in Tamarindo
More attraction details
Owner description: Tamarindo's Original Surf Shop, We have taught over 80,000 Surf Lesson, We have over 150 Surfboards for Rent, We also offer Kayak Tours, Canopy Tours, ATV Tours, Scuba Diving, Horseback riding, Sailing/snorkeling Tours, volcano tours, and much more.
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My daughter and I did the surfing lessons during December 2012. - What a Blast! This was a lot of fun. Myself being 53 kinda wondered if this might be too much for this old girl, however, it was great and my daughter who is 22 felt this was the highlight of our trip to Costa Rica. The folks at Iguana are awesome, laid back (surfers - go figure), and they stay with you out in the ocean. We used the "Tailor Made Tamarindo" tour which was set up in the lobby at the Riu Guanacaste for this surfing fun. Definately try it.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I spent 7 days surfing in Tamarindo, and all my lessons were done with the Iguana Surf school. The instructors are great, encouraging and also a lot of fun. Megan was great at setting up everything that was necessary to make sure that I had a great time and that I got the most out of my experience. I also booked a canopy tour through them that I enjoyed very much.
Enrique is a great instructor and very supportive.
Fabian's pictures are awesome. Absolutely worth it! I highly recommend this shop!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and I visited Tamarindo Dec '12. My favorite experience was having a private surf lesson at Iguana Surf Shop. My wonderful, patient, skilled teacher, "Ki ke" instilled confidence in me, I got up each time! The shop was brilliantly run by both Christian and Roxanna. They arranged for me to have photographs taken by Fabian Sanchez, his pictures are really top notch. Photos below. Nancy "Luna".

1  Thank Nancy M
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Megan and everyone at Iguana surf was great! I contacted Megan before we arrived and she helped us with booking our catamaran tour, zip lining, and surf lessons. It was great having someone help us with all of our planning that we could trust. The surf lessons were a blast!!! The instructors make sure you have a good time and are very helpful. I did a lot of research online before deciding to book with Iguana and I finally chose them because they had great prices and were extremely helpful. Iguana surf def made our stay enjoyable!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I was in Tamarindo for a week long vacation with my girlfriends with learning to surf as our objective. Megan, with Iguana Surf, was so incredibly helpful with booking not only surf lessons, but other activities around the area. Iguana Surf's staff makes you feel like part of the team not just a tourist try your best to get up on the board.

I HIGHLY suggest Iguana Surf as a surfing school, as well as, a great resource for all things Tamarindo!!!!