“Best in Tamarindo”

and up
Surf Lessons in Tamarindo
Ranked #1 of 108 Tours in Tamarindo
More attraction details
Owner description: Tamarindo's Original Surf Shop, We have taught over 80,000 Surf Lesson, We have over 150 Surfboards for Rent, We also offer Kayak Tours, Canopy Tours, ATV Tours, Scuba Diving, Horseback riding, Sailing/snorkeling Tours, volcano tours, and much more.
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I went to several different surf shops while I was in Tamarindo, none of which had the board selection that Iguana Surf had, even the ones that claim to be the best. Iguana by far had the best selection of boards and would even let you trade them out during your rental. They also have amazing staff that is always smiling and willing to help you pick the right board. I would highly recommend them.

There are newer reviews for Iguana Surf

Reviewed September 17, 2012

This shop was great to work with. Nice staff and Julio, our instructor, was fantastic. The day after our lesson with him we rented boards and were surfing near him (he was giving others a lesson) but still gave us pointers!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

We just took our 11 year old daughter to Tamarindo for a surf lesson. Julio was her instructor and he was top notch! She had only had 2 lessons prior and the waves here are bigger than what she is used to at home. He had her surfing like a pro in 10 minutes!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

All the surf instructors are amazing teachers! I was lucky to be able to go out with a few at a time since we had a large group. They taught me how to read and ride the waves easily! Practicing everyday with them everyday during our stay with their instructions made me a better surfer today!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stayed in costa rica for a week. I had an amazing time learning how to surf, especially for someone with two left feet. I HIGHLY recommend Julio. You will feel comfortable and learn fast with him.