“The perfect way to spend a half day!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Pedro's Fishing Tours
Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The perfect way to spend a half day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2011

Pedro's Fishing was recommended to us by some people from Huntington Beach, CA that were staying at our hotel. They had used Pedro's many times over the past decade. Since it was our first time to the area, we decided to take their advice and we are very glad we did. It did take a little work to get a day when the winds were calm, but Jason was able to fit us into his schedule. We had Jason and Francisco for our crew, but met Don Pedro after we came back to shore. All three of them were a pleasure to be around! We were impressed with Jason's knowledge of the area, the waters and the wildlife. It was a fun and educational tour! We caught some decent size fish and had fun reeling them in. We released most of them, but did keep a couple. We had a wonderful time and can't wait to get back to do it again! Pedro's offers a great experience for a great price!

Visited February 2011
3 Thank LuvCostaRica_11
Jason G, Manager at Pedro's Fishing Tours, responded to this review, September 13, 2015
We were glad also you took that advice. It was a fun trip all the way around. The winds can give us a problem some time but if you have a flexible schedule we usually find a day to fish. We are not into taking people out to get blown around and not catch a fish. That is not our goal. Not even for the money will go fishing in unsafe conditions. Thank you for fishing with us and you are welcome anytime.

Thanks,Jason

Lafayette
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome Catching Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2010

Local knowledge and a sweet panga make a great day on the water. Jason and Don Pedro will take you to the fish whether your trolling or bottom fishing. Can't wait to go again!!

2 Thank gargano99
Yukon
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Fantastic way to spend a day on the water!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2010

We spent a day fishing and snorkelling with Pedro's Fishing in November 2010. The boat is simple, but comfortable and feels very safe and stable. I normally suffer from sea-sickness even in pretty calm seas, but I had no problems on this boat! Good quality equipment provided. If you're looking for luxury, this isn't your fishing tour, but if you want to catch fish, you can't go wrong! Jason and Don Pedro know the area inside out! Don Pedro doesn't speak english, but he'll get you to where the fish are! Jason is an entertaining guide(bilingual), full of stories and information on everything from the area's history to the kinds of fish around! We caught several skipjack tuna and grouper. Jason even came to our cabina the next day and helped us cook our catch for dinner!

We had our own snorkelling gear and on our way back to Tamarindo, we stopped to snorkelling around a small island. Saw tons of shells, starfish and small tropical fish.

We had a fantastic time on this day trip. My husband is an avid fisherman. This day was a highlight of our entire vacation for him. I don't fish nearly as much as my hubby, but I still had a great day on the ocean, fishing a bit, taking pictures, and snorkelling. Plus the price was extremely reasonable! Great value!!

2 Thank Glacier1998
Jason G, Manager at Pedro's Fishing Tours, responded to this review, July 15, 2015
I want to say Thank You to a special client who actually started tripadvisor for me. TamaraLyn said to me have you heard about Tripadvisor? Me being in Costa Rica for a while and a bit behind of course said no. I had only known her for a few days and was not thinking much of it she says I am going to write you a review. I said O.K. but only if you are truthful. I think she hit the nail right on the head and not much has changed since then. Except a new motor,rods,reels and line of course. And we also will cook your fish for you. I hope they get back down here and we can do it again!