“Very poor service”
Review of Sharky's

Sharky's
Ranked #2 of 10 Nightlife in Tamarindo
More attraction details
Owner description: Tamarindo's best Sports Bar & Grill. 9 screens showing all sporting events - NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, UFC, College Basketball & Football, Soccer - We've got it ALL! Best Burgers & Wings in town! Margarita Monday - $3 Margaritas!! Tuesday Night Karaoke - Free Shots Every Time You Sing!! Wild Wednesday - Crazy Cheap Shots!!! Thirsty Thursdays - Pitcher Specials All Night!! Frozen Mojito Friday - delicious $4 Mojitos!! Saturday Ladies Night - Girls Drink Free 9-12pm. Best Dance Night in Town!! Sunday Night Beer Pong - Tournaments Start 9pm-ish!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very poor service”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Went to Ladies night because it advertised 80's music, when we arrived it advertised free drinks for ladies till 12. I went with a party of 4 people, we stayed 2hrs and purchased 4 x cocktails (American prices) 4 x soft drinks, 4 x pre mixers and food, all which included a 10% service charge. My last 2 drinks of the night I felt like vodka which happened to be free for ladies, when ordering my second vodka the only lady bar tender behind the bar held the drink from me and told me I needed to give a tip, I didnt have money on me at the time so left the bar. My husband later went to the same bar tender to order a cocktail and she advised him that the next time I order a drink without tipping her she will serve me water and a mixer (no alcohol) and told him that it was unfair that girls come to the bar to drink for free. I was extremely shocked to hear this as other members of my party had ordered several free drinks without tipping and had not recieved bad treatment from the other bar tenders, and also it was advertised all over the bar that ladies drink for free. My party had spent quite a lot of money at Sharky's within a short space of time, we left straight away after these comments absolutley appalled by how we were treated! Will never go back and would not recommend.

1 Thank Abusedbysharkysstaff
puramacha, Owner at Sharky's, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
My name is Katie and I am one of the owners of Sharky's. I am terribly sorry for how you were treated at my establishment! Thank you so much for bringing this issue to our attention!! Due to this and another similar complaint that bartender has been let go. We would never condone that kind of attitude and are very upset to hear that those kinds of statements were coming from behind our bar! As it states on our menu, we do not charge the Costa Rican 10% service charge because we are a pub style bar and don't offer table service. We believe that tips should be an acknowledgement of good service and should never be mandatory! We strive to make Sharky's a fun and friendly place and hopefully, if you are ever in the Tamarindo area again, you'll give us another shot. Just ask for Ben or myself and we will make sure you are taken care of!

Tamarindo, Costa Rica
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Watch NHL, NFL and UFC. I am in HEAVEN.”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Ben and Katie have the cure for your sports addiction. Every conceivable event has a way of finding it's way to their Big Screens with crystal clear jumbotron like flair. Adding to all the games is the Town's best burgers and some pretty darn good wings too. Local crafted beers on tap make this almost unbelievable when 10 years ago you still couldn't get a cell phone in Costa Rica. Tuesday is Karaoke and Saturday is a great night to stop by and have a few while you make your rounds for the evening. Don't miss out.

Visited October 2012
Apple Valley, Minnesota
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Sports, sports, sports”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Sharky's is THE place to go in Tamarindo to catch up on all your sports. I know people don't go on vacations to beach locations to watch TV, but Sharky's has it all. One whole wall behind the bar is nothing but TV's. The owner Ben was happy to put on any game/sport that we requested. It was great to get out of the sun for awhile, watch our home football team, have some local beers, and chow on some great, inexpensive bar food. Later that night the place was rocking out with some great music too.

Visited September 2012
New Rochelle, New York
“Sports bar with old school rap and beer pong”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Went here with 10 friends looking for a good night out. This was the perfect spot for us. The bar has a whole wall dedicated to HUGE projection TV's. Great place to watch a game. Talk to the owner Ben. He'll probably be in the DJ booth spinning 90's rap or running a beer pong tournament. Good bar food (try the wings) and a surprisingly clean bathroom for Tamarindo.

Visited September 2012
Los Angeles, CA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Karaoke night is a must!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This is probably one of the best bang for your buck places in Tamarindo. It's a sports bar & grill that has a karaoke night. The prices are more than reasonable and the food is pretty good too. It's a whole lot of fun here, especially on Karaoke night. If you need to watch a game back in the states, this is also definitely the place to go. I can't stress enough, go there on karaoke night! It's a great time!

Visited September 2011