“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of LongBoards BBQ

LongBoards BBQ
Ranked #26 of 186 Restaurants in Tamarindo
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Awesome bbq, the guy that was the owner was there (which is always nice). The staff was super friendly and we will def be back!

Visited March 2014

Portland, Oregon
“World's best BBQ is in Costa Rica!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Just got back from sunny Costa Rica, it was a blast! My favorite thing? THE FOOD!

We ate at Longboards every day of our 7 day trip, it was that good! The service is excellent, the staff is great, they speak great english...but you're here for the food review.

Everything I had was jaw dropping amazing. The chips and salsa (with guac but I don't eat guac) were amazing, fresh chips every time we ordered and the most amazing salsa I've ever had. It had some kick to it, but it was just tasty.

The brisket, ribs, and chicken were just to die for. I never thought that the best BBQ I'd ever eat would be in Costa Rica, but its true!! Funny story - a couple from Texas came in for a beer and I told them I thought the BBQ was truely special - so they ordered to check it out. They agreed!

Do NOT SKIP THIS PLACE!!! I've never had Brisket, ribs, or chicken this good elsewhere!

Order the Brisket platter, you'll thank me!

• Visited March 2014
Portland, Oregon
“The Best in Town”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I was not looking for BBQ in Tamarindo but we stopped into Longboards anyway. It was so fantastic we ate there everyday we were in town. We tried a few other places but kept coming back to Longboards. Fresh food! The atmosphere was great, the staff and owner were so friendly and knew our names after the first trip in. I felt at home. I can't wait to be back - I plan to stay in the hostel attached to the restaurant!

• Visited March 2014
Morristown, New Jersey
“Ok sports bar to hang out with in town”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Longboard's looks like the typical Tico sports bar where you hang out with friends on a dusty road and watch the big TV screens. Sandwiches are good, the Bar-B-Que is OK, but nothing like real southern Bar-B-Que in the states. Not too many healthy items on the menu. Service is friendly but slow. Prices are on the high side for the food you're getting.

Visited March 2014
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
“Best BBQ in Tamarindo”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Looking for great BBQ while in Tamarindo? You MUST go to LongBoards BBQ. They have the only smoked meat in town. My favorite is the smoked wings and onion rings. Great service, great food, great people, and ice cold beer. What more do you need?

• Visited January 2014