“WORLD CLASS!!!”

Tamarindo Surf Shack
More attraction details
Owner description: To help you with your surf needs; lessons,surf guide,wave forecast, equipment, rash guards, trunks, boar straps, tropical surf wax and rentals are available at Tamarindo Surf shack. You are never too old to learn to surf! Whether you are a first timer looking for a lesson, we love to teach all ages - both adults and children we are happy to teach you, your children or your friends, We provided personalized lessons with a friendly, capable, understanding instructor That's the only way we teach - one on one, or in small focused groups.
North Kingstown, Rhode Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“WORLD CLASS!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2011

This is owned by a Masters world champion surfer and her husband. They took us to an amazing location with 3 waterfalls where you can swim in the sandy pond below. A trip of a lifetime, don't miss this day!!!

Visited October 2011

Winnipeg, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Surf like a pro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

My wife and I never surfed before and didn't expect much. The guys at the surf shack were awesome. I can't remember the name of the instructor but he was very patient and gave us tips along the way. He also motivated us to keep going when we started to get tired. I got up a few times and my wife got up once which is more than we expected. Everyone was friendly and asked how we liked it and if we got up. It's a very laid back and friendly group.

Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great surf shop: rentals and lessons!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2010

We took a surf lesson with Jonathan during a recent trip to Tamarindo. He was patient and very helpful. He started with some tips out of the water and then helped us learn how to read the waves in the water. I caught lots of waves and learned a lot. I would highly recommend his instruction for anyone looking to improve their surfing.

Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great surf boards, excellent instructors, knowledgable about all surf locations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2010

I would strongly recommend renting your short or long boards and taking lessons from the surf shack. They taught me several things about picking waves, how to take off and how to turn that improved my surfing dramatically. Also, their knoweldge of which location to surf depending on the tides and wind conditions was invaluable to putting me on the waves best suited for my skill level. I could not have been happier with my experience and think any level surfer should take at least one lesson per trip just to get the inside view of the surf conditions while there and to have someone help improve their surfing skills.

1 Thank FScottTexas