“High-end lodging without the high price tag.”
Review of The Oaks Tamarindo

The Oaks Tamarindo
Florida
“High-end lodging without the high price tag.”
Reviewed March 8, 2010

Why is this exceptional?
Beautiful surroundings with lovely swimming pools. The cleanest pools of all the high-end hotels and resorts I've visited throughout the world.
Luxurious linens, furniture, appliances - they put out the best for their renters.
Quiet, relaxing and peaceful.
Secure and close to shopping (without being too close with all the noise and congestion).
Everything worked perfectly which is not always the case in Costa Rica.
Friendly, helpful and easily accessible staff.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Virginia
Reviewed March 5, 2010

Hello to all the future Tamagringos ;)
I have to be honest I'm an owner of one of the units at The Oaks. I rent long term to a Costa Rican family, which gives me a positive investment return. When I visit Tamarindo I rent another unit at The Oaks for the same reason I purchased a condo. A great safe location, 24hr security gated community. The construction is far above expectations. A very comfortable setting. If you are visiting Costa Rica for the first time and you wish to experience to true Pura Vida The Oaks is a good choice. A hotel near the airport . You might as well stayed home. The management is always available and happy to help. If you stay at The Oaks I recommend a rental car. All activities of interest are close by. The Oaks is not beach front but you have three great pools to choose from. A great location with all the amenities of home. nos vemos en la piscina

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Vancouver Island
Reviewed March 4, 2010

This is a great place to stay. However, you will need some kind of transportation so make sure you rent a vehicle.
I went to Costa Rica for the first time with my daughter and granddaughter and we stayed at the Oaks.
This was a wonderful safe place to stay. A gated community not far from Tamarindo. It had everything you could want. Fully furnished, very clean, security, air conditioning, beautiful swimming pools and lovely ambiance and setting. Everyone we met at the condo was very friendly and helpful in every way.
I would highly recommend the Oaks and if and when I return to Costa Rica I would not hesitate to book there again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed December 28, 2009

Hello to all travelers,
I recently went t o costa rica with my sister, mother and three yr. old nephew (a gal getaway). It was our first time there so I didn't know much about anything. At first I was going to rent a hotel room, but luckily I saw a review on the oaks condo community. I quickly did a little research, and soon sent an email. The very next day, sunday I received a phone call from a Robert Irvin. He supplied me with information, answered all of my questions, gave me immediate pricing, and then followed up with an email . I later found out he is always was unbelievably thorough.
The oaks is beautiful gated condo community, with 3 pools, plenty of parking, and 24hr security. The condo we stayed in was a lovely two bedroom condo. It was very much the best of both worlds. The appliances were new and modern, two lcd flat screen televisions, dvd player, washer dryer, dish washer, and separate remote controlled A/C in every room. The furniture was warm and rustic, lovely dark wicker living room set, queen size bed in the master bedroom, gorgeous spacious bathrooms, believe me it was more than comfortable.
Location was just as good (if you're renting a car). We were no more than 30 mins from everything. Tamarindo was maybe 15mins away (great place to surf), 10- 30 mins from 4 different beaches (I suggest la playa de las pirates), and 6mins from 2 grocery stores (I suggest the supper compra its way less expensive). Now, if you're looking for a party spot with lots a people by the pool and loud music and drinks out front, this is not the place for you. It is the perfect relaxing place to come back to after a day of outdoor tours, or just lounging by the pool. I'm in my late 20's just thought I'd mention it.
I remember how anxious and uncomfortable I felt when sending money to another country for a condo rental, but please believe me the Oaks was well worth the risk. Robert is the most efficient person, he will always respond, and I believe he's American so he and his staff speak both english and spanish.
I can not recommend this place enough!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family