“I almost want to keep this one a secret so they have space for me again!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tamarindo
Villa Andalucia Bed and Breakfast
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 25, 2011

Ever go one of those special, special places and know that you'll want to return?? Well, this is one of those! With only two casitas, I hesitate to tell you that this place and the owners, Jolene and Gary, are a cut above the rest!! We felt like we were in our own private hacienda, as we looked out from our delightful apartment onto the pool and gardens. Our room was perfection. . .extraordinary furnishings, fresh flowers, comfortable bed. Our hosts made us immediately comfortable, sitting by the pool, chatting, sharing stories about ourselves and our families. As Gary says, "It's the perfect job. . .talking and drinking coffee!"

Maria's breakfasts daily were beyond compare. She literally will make anything you want and as much of it as you can hold.

While there we went on a horseback ride (with Gary and Jolene's other two guests )to two local cantinas, and it was a highlight of our vacation. Imagine clopping along on a horse, on dusty roads, over streams, through villages, and then having a beer and free snacks at a local cantina. Coming home the moon and stars guided our way.

Another night under a cloudy, moon-less sky we watched a mama leatherback give birth to 65 eggs. Magic!

And don't forget to go to Lola's in Playa Allenda. . .a 25 minute bumpy road, but AHHHH. . .once there you'll never want to leave.

I'm going to stop now or everyone will want to go there and next time when we want to go there won't be space!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 11, 2011

We arrived at Villa Andalucia and it was so sweet and cute, but the best part was meeting Gary and Jolene. Seriously it was like meeting old friends. Gary got us a drink and said I will show you around the place so you will know where to eat, where not to eat and places you will just have to visit. It was great!!! Gary was spot on every single place he told us to visit and eat. Okay so he dropped us off at a place to eat because by this point we were starving, we ate, walked the beach, walked home and slept like we had never slept before. We stayed in Tamarindo for 7 days and we fell in love with this place. A very simple, easy, beautiful place to visit because you can walk anywhere and everywhere and the beaches were breathtaking. Non commercial and lots of Lava Rock, but the tidal pools this Lava made were so much fun, Mick and I would just go and sit in them and solve all the worlds problems- it felt like a bathtub!! We even found a house on the beach that we are dreaming of owning one day in front of our favorite tidal pool. Gary and Jolene love this place as well and are dedicated to every person who visits to make sure they have a great time, a safe time and a memorable time. They coach you very well every morning on the things you should and should not do while Maria fixes your breakfast. I would love to have a retreat in Tamarindo and Jolene would know exactly who what when and where I should do itAll the people we met and the places we saw were amazing.

Reviewed January 10, 2011

My husband and I along with my uncle and aunt just returned from Costa Rica where we had rented both casitas; Villa Andalucia and Villa Sevilla. Villa Andalucia and Villa Sevilla were everything we exepcted and even more! From the minute we arrived, Gary and Jolene ensured that we had the perfect vacation... The warm welcome, the beautifully decorated casitas and home ( my dream house!), the frsh cut tropical flowers, the swimming pool, the charming tropical garden where we could see birds and monkeys, the delicious breakfasts prepared by Maria ( make sure to try the Gallo Pinto with some Lisano!), the helpulf advices, always being there to make sure that we have every thing we needed, couldn't have asked for better hosts! I miss them already and I hope to be back soon!
Villa Andalucia and Villa Sevilla are conveniently located, walking distance to the beach, the shops and to the restaurants.
We were there to celebrate Christmas, New Year, and our wedding anniversary. We all agree that we could't have picked a better location to celebrate those special occasions. I highly recommend this bed and breakfast. I travel all around the world and this is certainly one of my favorite places! It is truly a little piece of paradise!

Reviewed December 13, 2010

I wouldn't stay anywhere else! Gary and Jolene are so helpful and make traveling stress-free. They helped us book a great canopy tour, horseback riding, and transportation. It makes it so easy when you have great recommendations. When we arrived, Gary took us on a great tour and stopped by the grocery store, which was super helpful so we could get some supplies for our stay. Gary showed us all of the great restaurants in the area and it made every meal that we had in Tamarindo great. The room is exactly as the pictures describe and even beter and is very very clean. The boogie boards and cruisers are a great resource and the location is awesome. We didn't even have to ride the bikes because everything is within walking distance. It's only a 5 minute walk to the beach. The breakfast in the morning from Maria was excellent, the coffee was seriously the best coffee ever and don't miss out on the banana pancakes. Maria even helped with laundry, which was amazing.There are many great restaurants really close to the villa, so that's super convenient as well. We were initially thinking about renting a car, but we didn't, and didn't need it at all. Everything is within walking distance from Gary and Jolene's and there is a really easy Tamarindo Shuttle from Liberia airport that will drop you off right at Gary and Jolene's. Only $18 per person. You will love the small quaint town of Tamarindo and love it even more when you stay with Gary and Jolene. We miss it already!

Reviewed December 2, 2010

A truly wonderful experience. Fantastic inn keepers in the true form. Accomodations were exceptional and quiet. Casita was clean and neat and we felt completely at ease. Our hosts provided insight as to where to go and what to eat with the knowledge of locals and always with their guests best interest in mind. During our 8 day stay we were able to eat and drink without fear of sickness. We shopped, fished, zip lined, golfed, enjoyed the beach and even went to a bull riding fiesta. We visited the local beach community church and afterward took a lovely sail with the group.

We highly recommend this bed and breakfast and the lovely couple who run it.

Thank you Gary & Jolene for a truly wonderfull vacation

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2010

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful trip to Costa Rica. We stayed in La Fortuna, Monteverde, and then in Tamarindo at the Villa Andalucia. I would first like to agree with all the excellent reviews of this place. We were welcomed with such friendship and kindness, I felt so comfortable and relaxed to be there. The casita's original architure and furniture is perfectly attuned to Costa Rica's nature and beauty, and it was aesthetically pleasing to stay in such a beautiful place. Not only did we receive a wonderful and specially prepared breakfast every morning, but we were also offered the use of boogie boards and bikes, and everything we could need or ask for was already provided in the rooms. **I was especially pleased with the clean white linens and fluffy white towels-delicately scented.** When we were there Gary was there to meet us at the entrance and from that moment on took special care to make sure we were having a great time. I'm so glad I was able to stay there and next time I visit Tamarindo I will be sure to stay with them again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2010

I stayed at Villa Andalucia during the month of March, 2010 and could not have been happier. Casita Sevilla, where I was housed is an upscale studio apartment outfitted with top-of-the-line appliances, a bed more comfortable than my own one at home, and beautiful Central American artwork and cozy furnishings - a totally luxurious and relaxing place to wake up in each morning and to wind down in at the end of each day. Just far enough from downtown to be quiet, but close enough to the action to be convenient. High-speed internet access and a wide range of cable tv channels were nice touches, though I preferred to hang out by the pool when I wasn't surfing or exploring the area.
Gary and Jolene were terrific hosts, providing local insights into where to go, what to see, and how to get the most of my time in Tamarindo and Maria's delicious cooked breakfasts were a great way to start each day. I'd strongly recommend Villa Andalucia to anyone looking to treat themselves to a warm, relaxing, and upscale vacation at a
great price.