Villa Andalucia Bed and Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Tamarindo
See available hotels
Hotel Arco Iris(Tamarindo)
Hotel Nahua(Tamarindo)
La Colina(Tamarindo)
Zullymar Hotel(Tamarindo)
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
All reviewsb bwonderful hostsother guestsmonday fridaybeautiful casitamaria makesfresh flowers in our roomsaltwater poollay her eggswealth of informationcosta ricainviting poolprivate courtyardeach morningamazing place to staybreakfast is servedtotal relaxation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 10, 2010

My husband and I went to Tamarindo for my son’s wedding in May, 2009. We looked a long time and at a lot of places before deciding on Villa Adelucia. We had seen the pictures on their website so we had an idea of what to expect, but the pictures did not do it justice. It was absolutely gorgeous – inside and out. The owners, Jolene and Gary, met us at the door as if we were old friends. They made us feel right at home. We had never been to Tamarindo before and we didn’t really know where to go and what activities were available to us. They recommended places for us to eat and things to do and helped us make all of the arrangements, but I think we enjoyed relaxing and swimming in their beautiful pool just as much. Breakfast on the patio every morning was a real treat - Maria is a fantastic cook. My husband could not get enough of her gallo pinto! The location was great – close enough to town and to the beach. Villa Andelucia has everything – warm and friendly hosts, delicious food and beautiful accommodations. We could not recommend a more perfect place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2010

My husband and I have visited Villa Andalucia twice within 8 months. The first time we stayed for a week and fell in love with the quaint, laid back feel of Tamarindo and how Jolene and Gary opened their arms to us. We came back as soon as we could and stayed for two months!
Tamarindo is a great surf town, a wonderful place to come and relax, catch some waves and meet fun people. We're in our late 20's and found it a good place to have a drink without being bombarded with a 'spring break' type of crowd. There are some wonderful restaurants and friendly faces everywhere you go.
Now to the villa: our first stay we were just thrilled to be welcomed so warmly by Jolene and Gary. We wanted to escape the typical resort-package holiday we had experienced before, and did we ever! They really made us feel at home, making sure we had the best of everything. From the beautiful, lush grounds around the pool to the small touches like fresh flowers in our room and the candle lit steps, we really felt as though we had stumbled upon a gem. We have stayed in each of the villas that they offer and love them both equally. They have every modern amenity but still retain their Costa Rican charm. The linens provided are luxurious and changed often and the room was tidied for us each day by Maria. Maria is another extension of the Clark family; she cooks wonderful breakfasts each morning and makes the villa feel like home.
The villa is located about a 5 or 10 minute walk from the beach which actually is a blessing as you can escape any of the town noise, morning and night. The salt water pool is inviting and a great way to cool down after a long day of hiking or biking from beach to beach. It's awesome to sit outside at night and listen to the fountain bubble away as you look up to the stars.
We have loved both our times staying at Andalucia and see ourselves returning, hopefully within another few months! Gary and Jolene have become wonderful friends of ours that we will stay in touch with always. We feel grateful to have found such a remarkable holiday destination.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pickstar
Reviewed March 3, 2010

I stayed here with my wife during my 9th and most recent trip to CR. I highly recommend this place for couples or any traveler looking for a clean, safe, and quiet retreat. The rooms are well represented in the photos.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank redondotraveler7
Reviewed March 2, 2010

I went to Tamarindo for business/pleasure trip with my husband and stayed at VA per the recommendation from a friend. Upon our arrival, I knew we had struck a hidden gem! Gary and Jolene welcomed us like we were old friends and that's exactly what we later became.
We stayed in the casita and it was a perfect fit for two people. It was very clean, decorated well, and fully equipped with American amenities like a great air-conditioner. We awoke every morning to a delicious breakfast and ate by the pool listening to birds happily chirp. One morning Jolene hosted a party for her mother and invited a few friends over. We were invited as well and drank mimosas and Flor de Cana into the afternoon...so much fun!
We can't wait to go back and visit again soon...we're looking for any reason to stay at Villa Andalucia again! :)

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2010

If your goal is to find the perfect, quiet, romantic, relaxing, and amazing bed and breakfast in all of Costa Rica look no further. Honestly, I could not have dreamed of a more perfect place. This bed and breakfast is nestled in a quiet nook of Tamarindo just minutes from the beach, restaurants, and anything else your heart could desire. When you walk into your room at Villa Andalucia you are immediately transported into a perfect world where style and class meet culture and beauty. The stunning colonial home with all the state of the art modern appliances and wireless internet is just the beginning. What makes Villa Andalucia the most amazing bed and breakfast in all of Costa Rica is the family, the owners Gary and Jolene. Their heart is for you to come and have the most amazing vacation of your life, and honestly they will do everything they can to ensure that happens. During your stay you will be treated like royalty, including the most exquisite made to order breakfast. I have traveled to many different countries, stayed in many different types of lodging, and have never taken the time to write about them. However, Villa Andalucia and it's charm captivated my husband and I so much that I felt compelled to share it with others. We have stayed at Villa Andalucia on two separate trips and now dream about our third trip to paradise.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple