“Thanks Trip Advisor!”

Bamboo Sushi Club
Ranked #29 of 189 Restaurants in Tamarindo
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Matawan, NJ
“Thanks Trip Advisor!”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

I couldn't wait to write this review. We are visiting Tamarindo and as I so often do, I turned to Trip Advisor for a restaurant recommendation. The Bamboo Sushi Club rivals any sushi I have ever had. We started with shrimp dumplings and a tuna tataki salad. Both were awesome though the salad was the standout of the evening. Various sushi rolls, sashimi, etc followed and all were fresh and delicious. The service was superb and the drinks were the best we've had in Costa Rica. Half way through dinner the bartender came around with samples of "saki sours". I don't even like saki but these were awesome. I can't wait to return for more!

Visited June 2014

Lane Cove, Australia
“Great atmosphere, bland food.”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

At first glance, Bamboo Sushi Club is an immaculately presented restaurant. Completely enclosed, it feels like a private getaway. There is ample seating, including some private tables. A lot of time and effort has gone into making this place look world class.

Unfortunately, the food was well below our expectations. Perhaps the superior appointments of the restaurant itself set us up to expect world-class sushi. The rolls were pretty good, but generally average. The special we had (Seared Mahi) was bland and left me with an agonising stomach ache and fever which lasted well into the next day.

The waiter asked how our meal was, and when we replied honestly that it was 'just OK,' no further follow-up was given and we were hastily presented with a bill.

Will be giving this a miss next time.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jackson E
Denver, Colorado
“GREAT food!”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I will admit I'm not a sushi lover like most of my friends, but a group wanted to go to Bamboo Sushi Club for dinner (for a second time during our week-long visit to Tamarindo) and my mind has been changed! The sushi was fresh and delicious, full of flavor. I tried a number of things and liked it all. The blended mojitos were delicious, the tuna platter was fantastic, and teriyaki salmon amazing. If you like sushi, you will love Bamboo Sushi Club.

• Visited May 2014
“Sushi near the ocean and nightlife”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

This was some of the best Sushi ive had ( and i worked on a lobster boat in Rhode Island) Great fresh, exciting options...local flavors, great service, little hard to find but thats what keeps the masses at bay.....One of the best additions to my 15 day backpacking trip in Guntecasta......Recommedation 2 for 1 Hand crushed frozen drinks 21+ lol

• Visited March 2014
Roatan, Honduras
“Good Sushi”
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Good Sushi..Larger Size Rolls all served in a garden setting. Sat in a private area with a fan blowing on us that kept the heat & mosquitos away. Great service. Enjoyed the Philadelphia Roll that was cut into 10 large pieces. Dinner included: 3 different rolls, 1 miso soup, 1 lg bottle of h20 and 2 orders of edamame all for about. $50.

A good place to stop for dinner. Across the street from the Tamarindo Beach Resort. Look for the sign, walk straight on the path between businesses then it opens up into the restaurant.

Visited May 2014