“Great time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Secret Spot VIP Tours - CLOSED

Secret Spot VIP Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Now offering Tour desk service & Personal Tours Guide, reservations can be made at the store. We offer a lot of options, doesn’t matter if you want to feel the adrenaline running trough your body, get muddy or simply relax, you always will find something to do, below you can find the list of tour offered.WATER: Surf Lessons,Surf Tours,Sport fishing,Sailing,RaftingEARTH: ATV Tours, Trekking, Horseback Riding, Volcano one day trip Hot Monkey TourSpringsAIR Canopy, Flying CocodrileIf you want any additional information about any of our tours just contact us and we will gladly help you.Top seller full day Nicaragua, Combo Tour, Catamaran...
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

This was our 3rd lesson with Rafael. We try and see him every time we come to Costa Rica. He's a VERY good teacher and easy going. Look him up if you want to have a great time while learning how to surf!!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Benjamin M

Hoboken, New Jersey
“Excellent time surfing in Tamarindo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I had a great time learning to surf with Secret Spot. Rafael spent a lot of time with us and in the end we came out a lot better and caught some waves!

Visited October 2012
Chicago
“Great surf lesson in Tamarindo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Raphael gave us a great surf lesson! He expertly handled the differing skill levels that my teenage daughter and I had. My daughter took to surfing readily, but I found it a bit more difficult. Raphael was able to keep my daughter challenged and to move her up to increasingly bigger waves, while keeping me on the easy waves. Raphael is a supportive and experienced teacher. Plus, we loved the GoPro video! We didn’t have to worry at all about capturing the moment, and we ended up with great footage of our surfing experience. I would definitely recommend surfing with Secret Spot.

Visited August 2012
“Amazing, friendly, professional and fun.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

Having never surfed before and having a slight fear of being out of my depth in the sea I am so glad that when visiting Tamarindo we went to secret spot.

From the start Rafa and his team made us feel at home, ensured we had the best kit and explained everything properly. He was very patient but knew when to push me and had me standing up on my first wave in a day. I was always on my own or in a group of 3 as a maximum not like the hotel associated companies where there were groups of 10-15 so you never got proper attention.

Rafa and the guys at secret spot really made our holiday and gave us lots of recommendations for restaurants as well as being the best surf instructors and discounts on trips again avoiding large groups of tourists.

5 stars!

New York, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“The Best in Tamarindo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

If you are seeking the most qualified and responsible instructors, look no further. Secret Spot was referred to us by The Four Seasons Hotel in Penninsula Papagayo as it is known as the best surf shop in Tamarindo. So, our expectations were set very high to start. We were set up with Rafael as our guide and needless to say, the experience we had exceeded our expectations. He knows the best spots and when to hit them when they are breaking. We first hit Playa Avellanas for an early morning session. The break wasn't as good as Rafael had wanted so he recommended we move to Playa Negra. He was confident that he could put us onto good surf and he absolutely delivered. It was a picture perfect day with head high clean sets. It was my first time surfing over reef, so Rafael was extremely attentive and made sure I stayed safe and had the best session ever. Aside from him being knowledgeable and responsible, he tore it up in the water! It was nice to know that he gave great instruction and was able to hold his own. So, if you are going to Tamarindo DEFINITELY call Secret Spot. You won't be disappointed!

Visited December 2011